Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Tints & Night Time Driving

Hi All,

Friday is the big day when I get my window Tints. I am debating 22% vs 35% all the way around.

I live in a bit of a dark area, and I'me kind of worried of visibility from my driver side windows. I've never been in a car with 22% tint, so I have nothing to base it on.

Does any one have any comments? or could post a night-time pic of the driver side windows from the inside? Can you see easily out of the side windows when you are in the woods or at night when in a dark area?

Legalities isn't really an issue where I live.

Thanks.
    Light (I can see everything)
    0%
    So-So
    0%
    Dark (Sometimes I miss bikes in my blind spot)
    0%
    22% too dark (my vynil covers it all anyway)
    0%
    Canadian 2006 G6 GT Coupe, Black Leather, 8-spkr Monsoon, 17" chrome rims, SolarGuard HP Charcoal 22%, Trunk protector & roll carpet, Silver tire valve covers and a driver with a .

I have 25 in the front and can see great.Now the back I have limo and can't see a thing at night.
    Originally posted by Nikki
    You are an e-pimp.
    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
    I tried too, my penis way too big
    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

I have 35 the whole way round on the 6er and i see fine. I have 15% on the front and factory on the back three (which is dark) on my pickemup. I have no problems but when backing into my garage at night i put the windows down to see the mirrors. But i have a matter of inches on both sides of the vehicle when backing into the driveway.
      On another note - If the bicycle was in ur blind spot, wouldnt you prolly miss it anyway, tint or no tint?
      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I've got 20% all around.. but 5% in the back window.. that hinders my visibility slightly.. but for the rest of the windows, i have no problem

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

I have 20% all around (sedan) and when the road is DARK (no streetlights, other cars, stores, etc....) thats the only time I can honestly say its so-so hard to see out of but not that bad IMO!
          Originally posted by Toyz
          Originally posted by simplyred
          what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
          As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

If the bicycle was in ur blind spot, wouldnt you prolly miss it anyway, tint or no tint?
            Ok needs a bit more explanation.

You turn and a biker goes in and out of your blind spot, I guess i'me saying movement as well as seeing through the window.
            Canadian 2006 G6 GT Coupe, Black Leather, 8-spkr Monsoon, 17" chrome rims, SolarGuard HP Charcoal 22%, Trunk protector & roll carpet, Silver tire valve covers and a driver with a .

Comment

I have 20% all around (sedan) and when the road is DARK (no streetlights, other cars, stores, etc....) thats the only time I can honestly say its so-so hard to see out of but not that bad IMO!
              Woth the difference between 22 and 35?

Comment

IMO I'd go with 35, I don't like it too dark so that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoyoma_2
                  Woth the difference between 22 and 35?
                  Nobodies going to be able to give you a good answer to that question, at least not one thats going to help you much.. if you want a real answer to that question head down to a shop that does tint, they will most def have a sample setup that will show you the difference in shades amongst tint percentages on acctual glass. The place that did mine had huge windows with 50%-5% on them so you could see the diff!!!
                  what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                  As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

If you're in the Toronto area, I might be able to hook up with you tonight or tomorrow and show you what 20% looks like at night.

I don't remember where you're from, though.

sigpic
                    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

^^

That's your best bet, even if it was just spread out over the window it will you'll get a way better idea than than what any of us would be able to tell you.

Comment

I never heard of 22%, i thought maybe the first time was a typo. Like i said i got 15% on my black truck and its not to bad. I was going with 20% on my 6er but the shop didnt carry it. So i went with 35% inlieu of 15%. I like it, makes it a little difficult to see in, but minimal problems seeing out, even at night. But as noah said, the decision should be yours, because everyone can give you their opinions. Good luck
                        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Yeah you have to see it, and every car is a little different too based on the way the windows are setup.

John
                          Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I have 35% on the front...20% on the back and rear. THe picture doesnt pick up the shade difference between the front and rear, like you can see in real life.

I have to use my sidemirrors to see at night, unless I have headlights behind me. I have no problem seeing on the freeway or with streetlights, UNLESS, I have the panoramic roof open. Then I get a nasty glare on the back window that makes it virtually useless both during the day and at night.

Hope this helps.
                            Originally posted by Kman
                            'Ghetto Booty' + Jules = My, My ,My

Comment

I've had all different tints on various cars. My G6 has 35%, and I find that works the best for me. I can see at night if I take a few moments to look. At 1st glance it's dark.
                              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                              Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                              Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                              20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Working...
                              X