How to remove rear seat panel....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove rear seat panel....

How do I remove the rear seat side panels on a 2007 vert?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2543500/1

Re: How to remove rear seat panel....

From what ive just read they just pop off. But i dont really want to believe that because that would make me feel very unsafe riding in that car. JK
    28% Tint on Rear, 15% on Front, Red interior led's with music interface, Red underglow, Red LED licsense plate bolts, Racing pedals, Custom Windshield decal "G6performanceracing", plus same decals on side rear windows, Special Debadge, MRZ Performance Engine dress up caps, ZZ Performance Strut Tower, Custom Diamond plate Engine Cover, 6000K HIDs lows, Poons Crab Intake, Racingline MMIEibach Springs, Resonator delete

Comment

What are we referring to exactly? The bench? The seat backs? The side panels?
      2009 PONTIAC G8
      MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

in thinking the parts on the sides of the seats where the doors would be if he had doors

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        Originally posted by snowmanG6
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

hahah @ ahuhn....

honestly though, i don't think it's ever been well explained here...

I wouldn't just go yanking on it. I'm pretty sure it's screwed in at least once under the sill plate, other then that it's probably just snapped in.
          The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Don't know if I have to remove the back seat first or not. Want to make it easy.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2543500/1

Comment

you SHOULD not have to remove the back seat... honestly, if it wasn't so cold out I'd go out and check for you and do it.... I know i figured it out before but i forget how it works now (was 06 when I first got the car and was gonna put speakers in it, wanted to know the size). Worst case you snap off a clip and you order a new one. The whole panel probably only runs 20 bucks from gmpd as the sill plates are only 30; chrome and all.
              The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

The panels that cover the speakers just pop off, held on with tabs that you are not going to break easily. I did this when I changed out my rear speakers. I did not see a way that the whole side panels came off, they have to be bolted, because I had a lot of tugging just to get my cables running behind them....

Didn't look easy to get them out. Good luck if you are pulling the entire rear out.

Blue Man Group Member NY Local 123

Comment

Originally posted by colinpeddle
                  Originally posted by G6performanceracing
                  you SHOULD not have to remove the back seat... honestly, if it wasn't so cold out I'd go out and check for you and do it.... I know i figured it out before but i forget how it works now (was 06 when I first got the car and was gonna put speakers in it, wanted to know the size). Worst case you snap off a clip and you order a new one. The whole panel probably only runs 20 bucks from gmpd as the sill plates are only 30; chrome and all.
                  hey man are those sill plates really only 30?!
                  i hadnt even thought about just replacing mine, but now I want to.
                  Since I just have the base sedan

My progression thread
                  Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
                  Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
                  In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
                  Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
                  Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

Originally posted by bigs4610
                    more like $130.
                    2009 PONTIAC G8
                    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish
                      Originally posted by bigs4610
                      more like $130.
                      more like $1300

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                      TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                      Show
                      -20% tint
                      -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                      -Professionally heated seats

Comment

do they even make chrome ones for the sedan?

part numbers?

I searched yes but i find like 12 different answers and part numbers

My progression thread
                        Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
                        Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
                        In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
                        Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
                        Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

after searching you have to pull out the rear seat to get it out

but once you have the seat out it just pulls off

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                          Originally posted by snowmanG6
                          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by G6performanceracing
                            From what ive just read they just pop off.
                            Troy
                            28% Tint on Rear, 15% on Front, Red interior led's with music interface, Red underglow, Red LED licsense plate bolts, Racing pedals, Custom Windshield decal "G6performanceracing", plus same decals on side rear windows, Special Debadge, MRZ Performance Engine dress up caps, ZZ Performance Strut Tower, Custom Diamond plate Engine Cover, 6000K HIDs lows, Poons Crab Intake, Racingline MMIEibach Springs, Resonator delete

Comment

For someone that knows it all, you sure don't know how to quote.

Edit: Damn, ya figured it out!

Blue Man Group Member NY Local 123

Comment

Working...
                              X