Bass Fade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass Fade

For those with a Monsoon system, has anyone experienced the bass fading out at high volumes? It seems like the mids and highs get way louder, but the bass doesn't.

I recently installed two 12" subs and tapped into the rear speakers for the RCA's. It sounds excellent at low to 3/4 volume, but when I go to full volume, the bass doesn't match up. The bass is louder at 3/4 than at full volume. I know it isn't a problem with my amp or subs because I recently took it out of another car and it pounded.

I was thinking that the Monsoon amp might have bass overload protection built into the crossover or something.

Has anyone else had this problem when using a converter on the rear speakers?
    06 GT Coupe

You are the man.. I was going to post this same thing this morning.. I have had my system in for about 2 months now. Yes i notice it everyday and i hate it. Now i know someone on the board actually tapped into the wires before the amp and i want to know if they expierence it also? That way one could tell if it is the Hu or amp causing the fading.
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

It is a safety feature for your speakers. Stock speakers can't handle the power and abuse so they add that into the deck to save the speakers. I jl audio clean sweep will solve that problem for ya. But you will need to replace all the speakers and add aftermarket amps too. But when I was running off my rear deck speakers I had the same problem. The bass will actually get quieter at the highest volume. With the clean sweep I am great.
      Originally posted by Nikki
      You are an e-pimp.
      Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
      I tried too, my penis way too big
      07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
      My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
      The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Joey, are you still using the factory HU? The reason i ask is all you have to do is replace the Hu to get rid of that fade, from what you said?. Thats good to know that the protection is within the HU and not the amp. I guess i will have to install an aftermarket HU now. :smoke:
        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

It's not just the monsoon system that does it, mine does it as well... so yes changing the head unit should stop that annoying bass fade!!
          Originally posted by Toyz
          Originally posted by simplyred
          what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
          As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I amusing the factory deck and it is the cheap cd player. I have a 6 disc sitting here but I am waiting to put it in till I take my car in for some warranty crap.
            You are an e-pimp.
            07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.

Comment

Ahh, ok joey! I wasnt sure, i know you did all that work, i wasnt sure if u changed out the HU or not.
              Damn Gm and all their dayum govenors... Cant rev the motor, cant go over 115 +- cant blow my ear drums! wtf! I sure can spend 300+/month for this damn car, but i cant enjoy it

Comment

I sure can spend 300+/month for this damn car, but i cant enjoy it
                Amen to that!!!

Comment

I spend 450 a month and I can't change the radio. That pisses me off the most about this car. I want a double din eclipse deck but no. If I wanted to change decks I would get stuck with some cheesy aftermarket piece of plastic that doesn't even match. BOOOOOOOO
                  You are an e-pimp.

Comment

if you did a DD wouldnt the trim be hardly noticable?!!

Comment

if you did a DD wouldnt the trim be hardly noticable?!!
                      Thats what i was thinkin? I duno!

Comment

I think he means the actually deck itself, in terms of matching...??

Then again I'm just guessing

Comment

I mean that If I were to go single din to keep the goodies in the dic. Which is ugly. I want to slap a double din in there but I would loose all the good stuff. So cleansweep it is. That will give the best sq for those who are stuck with the stock deck. The money isn't the issue. Its that damn dic crap.
                          You are an e-pimp.

Comment

If I had any interest, I could honestly care less about the DIC haha... ONLY time I touch it is to turn off the low fuel warning !

Comment

Ah ok! Ya i am in the same boat, but i think im gonna take the plunge and put my aftermarket Hu in with one of the kits, cause i like havin the outside temp

Comment

Working...
                              X