Part # for 08 cup holder insert...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part # for 08 cup holder insert...

So I was at the dealership today getting the mirror replaced on my mom's GP...and I was bored, so I started browsing the cars (eh, let's be realistic...i ALWAYS browse the cars ). After I finished cleaning up the puddle of drool I left in the G8 in the showroom...I went over and looked at an 08 G6...and I noticed they have revised the cup holder insert! It now has the little "fins" that pop out to help hold smaller cups steady. Does anyone have the part number for this revised insert?

Now before anyone says it, YES, I realize the console is slightly different in that in has notches cut out to grab the tabs on the outside of the insert to hold it all in place...and I plan on making the appropriate adjustments to my console to make it work. It only takes two words: DRE MEL! Ooops...one word.

So...part number pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

Yayyyyyyy for crappy cell pics!
    2009 PONTIAC G8
    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Re: Part # for 08 cup holder insert...

I second third and fourth his request. I need these as with my driving my water bottles become projectiles. One even went right into the passenger door pocket this morning.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

check ebay i see them on there all the time for like 8 bucks

Comment

Originally posted by g6vert2008
        check ebay i see them on there all the time for like 8 bucks
        thanks for the tip but the only 2 on there at the moment are the older styles without the fins...
        2009 PONTIAC G8
        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

I just looked it up for the 09's and heres the part number, but the picture isn't to good to distinguish if it has the tabs or not
          25849040 which this is for 08 and up

Comment

That's definitely the number right?

Neither PZO or GMPD recognize it as a valid number...
            2009 PONTIAC G8
            MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Why don't you take it for a test drive and then swap out yours with the new one. Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by gwiz
                Why don't you take it for a test drive and then swap out yours with the new one. Problem solved.
                sounds like a plan!

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
                PSN: racin247
                Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

so what has to change to make those fit cause to me they look like they just are fins nothing special behind them so all they do is hold stuff better.
                  Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                  There's a page of leghumping afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by travis05
                    so what has to change to make those fit cause to me they look like they just are fins nothing special behind them so all they do is hold stuff better.
                    on the outside of the liner (the part that would face the inner walls of the console) there are some tabs sticking out that lock into some cut outs on the 08 consoles. Basically, it keeps the liner from coming out of the console when you remove a cup from the holder, and it probably helps hold the cups down when they would normally have a tendency to tip. So for that liner to fit in a pre-08 console, one would have to cut a couple notches into the plastic of the console. Not a problem IMHO, a very easy retrofit.
                    2009 PONTIAC G8
                    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

This must just be an '09 thing because my '08 doesn't have the tabs either...

PMJ

Appearance: Tints (35% sides, 20% rear); Chrome Emblem Overlays; De-Badged; Red Calipers; RagingNets Cargo Net; SRP Racing Pedals; XenonDepot 6500k lows; LED Tails & 3rd Brake Light
                      Performance: Crab CAB; WAMS 93 Tune
                      Sound: Kenwood DNX-8120; Rockford Fosgate Punch P400-4 Amp powering JBL GTO627 Fronts & Infinity Kappa 693.9i Rears; JL Audio Slash 250/1v2 Amp powering JL Audio 13TW5 12" Subwoofer

Comment

Originally posted by gwiz
                        I thought of the same thing. Even with a new shift knob. But I realized I didn't want to screw over a fellow 6er who's about to buy a car.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by foxwoodsdicedealer
                          This must just be an '09 thing because my '08 doesn't have the tabs either...

PMJ
                          Maybe it was a mid-year change. Because the window sticker definitely identified it as an 08 model.

If that's the case, we need an 09 owner to verify their car has the new style, and then get the 09 part number.
                          2009 PONTIAC G8
                          MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish
                            Originally posted by travis05
                            on the outside of the liner (the part that would face the inner walls of the console) there are some tabs sticking out that lock into some cut outs on the 08 consoles. Basically, it keeps the liner from coming out of the console when you remove a cup from the holder, and it probably helps hold the cups down when they would normally have a tendency to tip. So for that liner to fit in a pre-08 console, one would have to cut a couple notches into the plastic of the console. Not a problem IMHO, a very easy retrofit.
                            And after the mod maybe some double-sided tape would do the trick.

I'm definitely interested. Hate putting my drink in the larger hole and it wiggles around.
                            <-- Gray G6? Click!
                            2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                            2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                            Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

i have the fin one in my 08 keeps everything pretty tight in the holder

Comment

Working...
                              X