anyone tried an Optima battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone tried an Optima battery?

Im concerned the cca is to high for the system. Any input?
    6spd silver g6 is my daily driver. love the car too many problems

What do you mean by system? You want more CCA, the more the better. It won't harm anything.

They are top notch batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
      What do you mean by system? You want more CCA, the more the better. It won't harm anything.

They are top notch batteries.
      Exactly.. those CCA's are going to help kick that bad boy over very easily!
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

will the size work

will it fit without any mods? Thats my question. I have one now and its way to big
        6spd silver g6 is my daily driver. love the car too many problems

Comment

I was going to put an Optima yellow top in, but i decided to go with the Interstate (super deee duper) battery. I forget what the actual name of the battery is, but it was cheaper then Optima and had more reserve. I had to make some modifications to both the battery tray and cover, but she squeezed in there. I would think at the very least you will have to do the same, but i do not know for sure.
          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Re: will the size work

Originally posted by 066speed
            will it fit without any mods? Thats my question. I have one now and its way to big
            You got the wrong size then, just find the correct group size and put one in there. They might not have one, but there are other batteries on the market that are the same style as the Optima line.

Comment

I had a yellow top in my old car and loved it.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Have a red in my truck which is about to be in the 6er and had a yellow for the system. 750 cca.eh switched it out with an kenetik 1400 cca. That is going in my car too. They are great batterys though. Get a red for daily driving. If you add a second bat then you should get a yellow or get a different brand but designed for systems.
                Originally posted by Nikki
                You are an e-pimp.
                Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                I tried too, my penis way too big
                07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Working...
                X