performance companies/sights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• performance companies/sights

Ok, I'm new to G6's. I only know a few sites that sell stuff forr our cars, and those are the same sights that sold stuff for my GP. (PFYC, etc.) How about starting a list of companies/sites?

So far I have:

PFYC.com
    Doctorspeed.com
    Black 06 G6 GTP. nothing done to it......yet

yea as of right now there isnt many companies offering suport for our G6s. Doctor Speed (Kyle) he has cold air intakes ect, Vector motor sports is working on a computer for our Gers, The 6spd manaul GTP is avabilbe already and if you talk to GT-R he has exhaust system for our car but a few week waiting list for that.
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

does vector motorsports have a web site?
      Black 06 G6 GTP. nothing done to it......yet

Comment

Originally posted by CSAYankee
        does vector motorsports have a web site?
        http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/Content/g6pcm.aspx

Comment

Performance parts

I have noticed that (a) there are precious few companies producing anything serious in the way of G6/GTP performance parts and (b) even those that say they do seem to have difficulty getting their parts distributed.
          When one logs on, as I just did tonight, to a site such as Vector Motorsports the information is paltry and all that others say,this or that part is coming soon something which they have been saying since I joined this site.
          After two years or more of G6 sales isn't it about time for companies to get their acts together and come up with something other than promises?
          I have managed to get a CAI, an STB and cat back exhaust but boy I wouldn't wish the hassles on anybody--except the cat back system which I simply downloaded pictures of courtesy of a site member and had the local Midas duplicate it.
          But I still see a lot of members searching for parts and or manufacturers.
          GTPdriver
          G. Stephen Day

Comment

if it does ever happen, i doubt it will be for a while. companies just don't have any interest in these cars.

Comment

Performance parts

In reply to Bristol16's posting, I was talking not so much as future companies jumping on the bandwagon (Like you, I don't see it either.) but the companies that do advertise they can supply parts. Logging on to these sites just leaves a sour taste in one's mouth because they are filled with "pictures not available", "coming soon" (define soon--some of them have had that for months and months!) and show 05 models for interior trim pieces. GM sites are horrible--a complete lack of info and black and white pictures and other sites give even more paltry information about their products.
              Searching for products and ordering them is an unbelievable hassle and too when the parts finally do arrive are not capable of being installed without modification. All this and high prices.
              Never had this much hassle getting interior trim or performance parts for my 99 and 02 Silverados. Got headers the first year of production in 99 for Pete sake.
              GTPdriver
              G. Stephen Day

Comment

Re: Performance parts

Originally posted by GTPdriver
                Never had this much hassle getting interior trim or performance parts for my 99 and 02 Silverados. Got headers the first year of production in 99 for Pete sake.
                GTPdriver
                I know what you mean but the silerado is a truck and more people buy them for stuff and the truck comunity is going to have a higher rate to mod something for better towing, trying to make them perform like a car, or for show.

Something ALOT of people do not know is that before the solstice came out the average persons age walking into a pontaic show room is 62. Now since the last year along just because of the solstice and the relese and a GTP G6 trim and coupe trim its age has droped to 48 as the average age walking into a show room to look. That was an artical in USA Today paper about 2weeks ago in the bussness section. So if the performance companies know this the average age is SO high, they know there isnt much demand for after market parts at this time unfornailly.

It will get better we just have to give it prob another year cuz the coupes have only been out a year and also the GTP too. Prob next spring am guessing you start to see a turn around in after market suport.
                2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                Gotta have it Green color
                Brembo brake package
                420 HP 5.0L
                Ford Racing Power Pack
                GT500 track pack differential cover
                BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

What you need to do, is start up a company that does custom stuff for the G6, and then call GM and let them know that you want to do G6 work. Not a word of a lie, they will sell you a car to do stuff with for a really cheap price. (I think that I read that it was $1).

GM wants aftermarket companies to take a hold of their small cars. They finally realised that aftermarket availability is something that is required for the tuner crowd to buy their cars.

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Working...
                  X