Interior Trim Kit by GM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Trim Kit by GM!

I found an interior trim kit by GM in different colors. The kit is $195.00 and its availible in Blue, Red, and Silver. Check it out http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/accessories ... 2932024512 .

L8R,
    Sterling
    2006 G6 GT Black 4 Door. Remote Start, Black Heated Leather, Three Spoke Wheel w/ cruise and Radio Controls,RED calipers by DupliColor, 27% Tint,Vent Visors, Hood Lift Kit, Nokya Artic White H/L Bulbs. 2 10" Infinity Subs w/960RMS Amp.
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/slrkappa/ ... EBJMLIV8fX
    USMC F18 Jet Mechanic.

there is a metal molded dash on Ebay and I think it looks very awesome, its a little more than the GM inserts but its actual metal. I want it but its kinda pricey IMO.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-UP-PO ... enameZWDVW
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I am going to buy the black cherrywood kit.That color really sets off the inside of the car

Comment

lol I love the pictures that GM shows to demonstrate their products...where the heck is the trim kit in that picture??

Mike
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I think its the darker colored trim overlay on the stock silver/gray trim.
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

If that's the case, I think I'll spend the extra $100 and get that one on ebay.

Mike
            -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

no kidding isn't that molded metal dash look so nice, I think so. The only problem is read the installation instructions. You have to use 3M adhesive promoter before you put it on and they say the adhesive promoter eats through pretty much anything so I'm curious what the dash looks like if you ever took it off? :idea:

Comment

I wouldn't use 3M adhesive promoter. 3M tape is tough enough as it is. It's not like you're holding on a body kit or anything.

Mike
                -Mike #1

Comment

Hmmm....GM's picture is great......... Pretty silly to try and sell something for 200.00 and not even show any pictures. As for the one on Ebay, I think that is too much silver......Chrome/Silver should be used for accent only, not your entire interior...too flashy/cheap looking in my opinion. But hey, that doesn't mean shit haha.
                  Redline Elite Quicklift Kit
                  GT-R Exhaust System
                  K&N Typhoon CAB
                  EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Front/Rear Rotors
                  EBC RedStuff Front/Rear Pads

Comment

IMO I don't think its too much silver, its mainly a cover for the radio and all the components in the middle, without the two tone interior I think there is way too much black-although it does look good. I think the middle metal cover from Ebay looks great cause it kinda breaks up the dash really well and almost matches the color in the car already-at least it seems so.

Comment

Only other thing to consider is how much it's going to "stick-out". How thick is the trim I mean. You could always pull out the plastic pieces and sand and paint. Much better custom look. Only thing is you can't find a "Brushed Aluminum" paint. I've done the sand and paint thing before, it comes out pretty good as long as you take your time and buy everything. SHould be cheaper than spending 300.00 too. just takes more of your time.
                      GT-R Exhaust System
                      K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

Yeah thing about GM Goodwrench, they automatically assume anyone who buys their products knows nothing about taking shit apart... So they produce crappy wanna be trim kits that are actually just snap on (and stick out)
                        2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

MDMAS, if your talking about the Ebay trim, its not just an overlay over the radio its a complete formed metal piece that fits over everything from the heater/AC dials to the top of the middle air ducts.

Comment

I understand that, but it's going to stick out....by stick out, I mean the width of the overlay, plus however you decide to adhere it.
                            GT-R Exhaust System
                            K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

Who cares it still looks hot!

Mike
                              -Mike #1

Comment

Working...
                              X