Continuous Cranking + Radio Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuous Cranking + Radio Problem

Ok, in the past month, it seems like it's becoming more common. When I tap the ignition it just continues to crank on its own beyond the normal period.

Furthermore, when I started the car, the radio didn't come on. I had to press the power button multiple times before it actually came on. This is the second time it happened. Last time this happened was a few months ago, so I ignored it.

I'll probably arrange a checkup next week.
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

sounds like you should have the electrical system tested.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

similar problem. fixed

The dealercan flash your ecu to correct the HOT START problem that makes it crank and crank. as for the electrical issue you need to charge your battery. our cars have to have a continuous 12.8-13.2v or it shuts the memory buss down.
      6spd silver g6 is my daily driver. love the car too many problems

Comment

But it should be doing it already in the car... at least I wouldnt think so. Yeah you can have the dealer fix that hotstart issue or so they call it I believe!
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

But if it's because of insufficient voltage, then how come it only happened twice?
          <-- Gray G6? Click!
          2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.

Comment

mine did that on the radio when i first got my car.. called the dealer.. had me pull the negitive battery cable off for 15 mins. said this resets the car computer and said the raido has a small computer in it.. after doing this the radio came on and off like it should again.

Comment

Back from dealer, and this is what happened:

1. Reprogram PCM. Addresses the continuous cranking issue. There's a TSB out on this one.

2. New radio, after all it wasn't an electrical problem, and hope that solves the issue.

3. New thermostat on order for next week, to fix a problem with the temperature display.
              <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

Wow, good day at the dealer, hope that fixes your problems :smoke:
                Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Hmm, they told me there was nothing that they could do about the engine crank issue.

I'm glad that they fixed things for you. I'm surprised that they gave you a new radio. Most of the dealerships around here send them out for repair.

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

When the LCD leaked on mine it was replaced. :-)
                    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
                      1. Reprogram PCM. Addresses the continuous cranking issue. There's a TSB out on this one.
                      Do you have the TSB number? My dealer says that there is none on this issue.
                      -Marc

2005 Granite Metallic GT sedan

Comment

No, I forgot to ask. I'll ask when I send my car in for the thermostat.
                        <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                          Hmm, they told me there was nothing that they could do about the engine crank issue.

I'm glad that they fixed things for you. I'm surprised that they gave you a new radio. Most of the dealerships around here send them out for repair.
                          I'm suspecting that it's actually a refurbished one, since the display has some very slight faint of dirt and dust scratch on it. But nothing serious though.
                          <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

I didn't think they had a new calibration out yet for the engine crank thing.

Comment

dealer says starting for 30 sec is normal... over that somethings wrong!

Comment

Working...
                              X