CD Player Clicking/Won't Eject

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Player Clicking/Won't Eject

I have a CD in my stock CD player (in dash, no changer) and it'll play fine but everytime I try to eject it it makes this clicking noise and won't eject. Really don't want to take it to the stealorship.
    -The Dabbler

pull the radio out and take it apart and get the cd out.

Comment

Why don't you want to take it to the dealer? Because unless you're using a damaged CD or so, it should be covered by warranty.
      <-- Gray G6? Click!
      2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
      2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
      Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Yeah you shouldnt get hassled either way, they know most people used burned cds so its normal for them. They will prolly fix it say don't do it again, only time I noticed a slight problem is when I used to make lables for my cds with the lable makers. The headunit seemed slow to spit them out so I stopped doing it, never had another problem!
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Does anybody have a picky cd player? Mine want play a cd with out ejecting it 3 to 5 times before playing it. It does it with burned Cd's and original Cd's. Its driving me crazy, i'm going to save up and get an after market one soon.
          "Party Like A Rockstar"

Comment

No problems with mine, but I don't use it much.

Comment

I'm thinkin you have xm radio, I have xm too. Butt whenever I listen to a cd it's like
              "Party Like A Rockstar"

Comment

true taking a cd all scratched up or just a blank one and push it into the opening to force the cd in the player down a bit THEN push the eject button. Mess around with that a few times and it should pop out. I've always had problems with the GM cd players on all vehicles and it always does the trick for me.
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I've never had any issues with mine.

Comment

My CD player works like silk. Smoothe.
                    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

No issues with my 6-disc yet, though I've had less time with it than most of you. Hoping I don't destroy any CDs in the near future

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                      - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                      - DS S3 Intake
                      - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Yeah. I don't have a high opinion of the CD player, or the dealership, heh.

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

It worries me somewhat that out of the 6 CDs in my stereo at the moment, 5 are burned.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                          - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                          - DS S3 Intake
                          - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

mine just started doing the same thing. I try to remove the cd and it just makes a clicking noise and says no disc but it still plays. does that trick work with putting in another cd?i also dont want to take it to the stealership, although it is under warranty. Maybe I should take it in and see if i can get a new one???

Comment

wait until the radio with the aux port comes out then we'll all hit the dealerships!!
                              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                              X