more than one problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more than one problem

HID fogs: The right one does not work all the time. when it does work it flickers when it is turning on. The fogs are aftermarket and worked great for months.

Lower black plastic mouldings: Broke it on the left side. What are my options. Aftermarket stuff? prices? etcetera...

Underbody/floorboard: My friend was driving and ran over a ice bank and on the passanger side rear seat floor board is a hump. it got dented in from the underbody. what do you guys/girls suggest i do?

Sig thanks to whitesedanman
    Color matched mirros, chrome lower grill inserts, HID fog lights, Rockford P3 15', painted calipers, shaved rear end, added oem lip spoiler, tinted tails.

Re: more than one problem

Oooof........Ummmmm.
    Pics?

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

fogs sounds like ballast is going bad

mouldings, i say go with different ones

hump, pound it back down

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
        fogs sounds like ballast is going bad

mouldings, i say go with different ones

hump, pound it back down
        I on all three answers!

Comment

just stomp on the hump. I had to do that on my Lumina when my brother ran it up on a curb.

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

i had an issue with my hid's yesterday, when i started my car only one turned on , i turned the ahl on and off and after that they both worked.....?

Comment

Originally posted by g6daddymobile
              i had an issue with my hid's yesterday, when i started my car only one turned on , i turned the ahl on and off and after that they both worked.....?
              I've had that in the past.

Once in a while, a ballast or ignitor misfires and doesn't light the capsule. 99.9% of the time turning lights off then on resolves it.

Originally posted by nacnacrida
              HID fogs: The right one does not work all the time. when it does work it flickers when it is turning on. The fogs are aftermarket and worked great for months.
              Before chalking it off to a bad ballast, I would check all your wiring connections. If for some reason moisture got into one and there is corrosion developing, it could be interfering with the electrical signals and causing the flickers. Clean all your connections on that one side, and then try again. You can also check the ballast by hooking up the left lights to the right ballast and see what happens.

Originally posted by nacnacrida
              Underbody/floorboard: My friend was driving and ran over a ice bank and on the passanger side rear seat floor board is a hump. it got dented in from the underbody. what do you guys/girls suggest i do?
              1: your friend should never be allowed to drive your car again. that has to be a HELL of an ice bank to dent the floor!

2: i would strongly advise taking the car into a dealer or mechanic to be sure no damage was done to anything on the bottom of the chassis. There's a lot of crap down there and i'd be shocked if the floor got dented without anything else being damaged...
              2009 PONTIAC G8
              MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

I could be wrong but isn't like part of the fuel tank/fuelpump, alot of fuel lines on the passenger rear side.

Like I said I coudl be wrong, never really jacked the car any higher then to do tire rotation.
                2007 Dark Gray Metallic G6 Sedan 3.5L v6 A4
                Former cars... '85 Camaro, '94 Camaro, '00 Camaro, '92 Mustang GT

Comment

Fog light problem = faulty connection. SOLVED

Sig thanks to whitesedanman
                  Color matched mirros, chrome lower grill inserts, HID fog lights, Rockford P3 15', painted calipers, shaved rear end, added oem lip spoiler, tinted tails.

Comment

Working...
                  X