Light Tint Photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Tint Photos?

I'm in NY and looking for photos of what's legal here. My understanding is that 70% VLT and non-reflective is all we're allowed on the sides and top 6 inches in the front, and whatever on the back.

Does anyone happen to have photos of what 70% non-reflective would look like? The best I've come up with in google searches are "computer renditions" that look fake and are too small to really see anything anyways. I know a lot of people don't bother following the law, but I have particularly bad luck with cops and really don't want to push that luck.

And, presuming photos like that become available, the front rather concerns me. How does the stuff on the windshield around the rearview effect tinting results?

I have not seen tint in %70 offered anywhere, but that does not mean it's not available. The lightest tint I have seen is %50. My car has %45 in front, with %18 on the rears. Here in Illinois, the law states NO TINTING is legal on the front windows. That being said...Not to say I won't ever have a problem, but I've been stuck at a light right next to a cop and they have ignored the tints so far.
    Here's some pics of those values on the car in daylight:

The pics look darker than the car does in person, but you get the idea. Also, there is no problem seeing the mirrors through the tint in broad daylight or at night, even with the sunroof open. Now the rearview mirror is another story. That's tough to see through in the coupe because the angle of the glass is so steep, making the tint appear even darker than it is. But I'm used to it already, and you really can't see much through that window even when it's clear, so no big loss.

Hope that helps some. Good luck!

:smoke:
    SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
    Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
    CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
    Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

i believe the factory windows came at 70%...check the print on the window and you will see what im talking about

Comment

50 should keep you out of trouble......
        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

50 should keep you out of trouble......
          LOL... You're talking to a guy that was pulled over because my turn signal was "blinking too fast". No ticket admittedly, but I drove that same car without doing any turnsignal work for 3 years after that and never had another complaint. Cops just like to pull me over for whatever random reason they can come up with.

i believe the factory windows came at 70%...check the print on the window and you will see what im talking about
          They do look slightly tinted, I just installed my AVS vent visors last night and I was thinking they had a little tint. I'll check the print before I leave for work today. If that's 70% then I'm going to be a little depressed. I don't want them dark, but enough to be obvious that I had tinting done would be nice.

Comment

^^was it a HHDS cop?? They'll ticket you for anything

they are ruthlesssssss

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Yeah, HHDS on the fast blinker.

2 Troopers and a Corning cop pulled me over in 2 weeks time for a light out on my back plate.

A trooper pulled me over and ticketed me for a headlight out. It was alittle foggy, so I turned my lights on. Lots of cars didn't even have their lights on driving right by him. It appeared like he was with an abandoned vehicle and waiting for the wrecker... Musta been bored.

A trooper pulled me over for crossing the white line on a right turn.

Yeah, I have all the luck.

Comment

You just live/travel in the wrong place. I rarely leave elmira.. prolly cuz i know all the EPD and Sheriff deputies

I'd have to say, Heights cops and Corning cops are the WORST

Comment

I was gonna say, the factory windows are tinted very lightly. Not sure what exactly the % is, but I don't think it'd do anything to put that light of a tint on.
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I made this a while back but didnt want to look for it haha.. these are NYS tint laws so I think you were pretty much correct. I have mine 20% and been good so far **knock on wood** all depends on your location IMO!
                    Originally posted by Toyz
                    Originally posted by simplyred
                    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

is it no more than 6" for the eyebrow or "no more than 6" and not past the AS-1 line"?

Comment

if the tint is bigger then a dollar bill its illegal haha

Comment

I've seen cops around here pull out a ruler.. no joke

Comment

Originally posted by HottG6Mama
                            I've seen cops around here pull out a ruler.. no joke
                            Me2, and the dollar bill is a staple with the cops around here!

Comment

In NJ I think it's no more than 4" on the windshield...but I could be wrong. It might be 6".
                              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Working...
                              X