Shift knob question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift knob question

My shift knob "trigger" or whatever it's called is really loose. I mean just releasing my fingers the wrong way means that it would completely come out and I'd have to look for it somewhere under my legs while driving.

If I got a new 07+ shift knob that is leather and chrome, would it possibly be a tighter fit or would i have to just do some silicone/caulk type thing to make it a bit wider to reduce play?

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Re: Shift knob question

the whole knob comes off or just the part you press

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Just the trigger piece that you have to press in.

Comment

I've gotta see this.
        ALTERATIONS:

Full 2008 GXP Sport Edition Conversion, MPD hood, Crab 03/04, HSRK, chrome oil cap/door locks, WAMS 93 tune, tints, Kenwood DNX5120 dvd/nav, red led interior lighting, 05 leather seats, Impala Leather console lid, 3rd LED brake light, Custom trunk lid liner.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry
          I've gotta see this.
          ?
          Of what? I mean if you have an automatic it's the piece you push in when you need to change from park to drive to reverse and etc.

Comment

it would need the whole top part. i dont think different years make any difference

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
            Originally posted by snowmanG6
            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Alright I was hoping maybe GM got it right with newer shift knobs like the leather one. I guess I'll have to put a thin layer of bondo on the sides until it gives more resistance so it won't fall out.

Comment

I want to see it come out and fall onto the ground. Oh, come on' humour us....... Do a Video.

To quote you:
                I mean just releasing my fingers the wrong way means that it would completely come out and I'd have to look for it somewhere under my legs while driving.
                ALTERATIONS:

Full 2008 GXP Sport Edition Conversion, MPD hood, Crab 03/04, HSRK, chrome oil cap/door locks, WAMS 93 tune, tints, Kenwood DNX5120 dvd/nav, red led interior lighting, 05 leather seats, Impala Leather console lid, 3rd LED brake light, Custom trunk lid liner.

Comment

Buy the leather knob. I did. The piece your having trouble with is included.
                  The part number is in the part number folder.
                  Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                  Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                  WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

this thread needs a video of said 'trigger' flying across the car...

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

Originally posted by CjLink
                      this thread needs a video of said 'trigger' flying across the car...
                      YES, a video..........
                      opcorn:
                      ALTERATIONS:

Comment

We can call it...."The Adventures of Trigger".
                        Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                          Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
                            NOW..........That was good!!!!!!!!!!!
                            ALTERATIONS:

Comment

[youtube3evjnj1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd2WejDYyqc[/youtube3evjnj1]

His shifter trigger must have come off.
                              ALTERATIONS:

Comment

Working...
                              X