X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Shift Knob on Automatic Transmission

Short and simple.

1. P brake the ride
    2. Shift the car into the farthesd down gear you can get it with the engine off.
    3. pop the chrome ring off that is around the base of the nob.
    4.There is a single Phillips head screw on the front side of the shifter. Remove it and the shifter will come free with no force.

Putting it back together is just common sence. So don't ask or I will thump your right nut. Hope this helps. Now someone get on the ebrake handle. I am stumped.
    Originally posted by Nikki
    You are an e-pimp.
    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
    I tried too, my penis way too big
    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

wow! that's gotta be the easiest shift-knob removal procedure I've ever seen. I'm surprised they used a regular screw and not some stupid hex screw like most other cars. I haven't even looked at the ebrake yet, so I couldn't tell ya anything about that. But I'm gonna try.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Gimme a sticky mods what is going on around here? Good freakin luck with the ebrake. I have one that is a whole ebrake assembly and I can't figure it out. I cut the ring and the plastic piece off and I still can't figure it out. I will give you 50 cool points if you figure it out. I bent the thing all up trying to ge tit loose and from whay I can tell the release is one solid piece from the button all the way downsoyeah. Good freakin luck.
      You are an e-pimp.
      07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.

Comment

is there a reason you took your shifter knob off?
        -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
        Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

I believe this is necessary when changing the plate around the shifter to the various colored ones sold by GM accesories. I know AeonPurdue changed his from the woodgrain to the silver and Tin Indian painted his so they probably already did this.

John
          Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Hmm, good deal joey! I will try to take a look at the e-brake this weekend. :smoke:
            Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

hmm yea I don't think they ebrake handle is coming off unless you remove the entire center console. If you pull the boot back, you can see the level that moves when you press the button to release the ebrake. It looks like it goes down into the console, and there's no way to slip the handle over the button and off.
              -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

I replaced my rubber shitty one with leather. I replaced the s wheel and I have the e brake to replace too but can't figure it out. I have a whole ebrake system in my house. I would just stick tha one on but the chrome ring is fucked. I cut that off and the rubber piece too. Where is e2helper. He would probably know.
                You are an e-pimp.

Comment

you should shoot him a PM..
                  -Mike #1

Comment

ebrake- lift up ebrake..find a small flat head screw driver..then take screw driver and press tabs inward on both sides of the button (button has two tabs inside of the handle). once u press them in it will be attached to the boot still ...so just wiggle the handle some and it should just pop right off.
                    2006 GT, GTP Ulra-Bright Wheels, GTP Exhaust, Painted dual lower valence, Middle mirrors, Bottom rocker panels, Red Calipers, GM Strut Bar, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, G6 all weather floor mats, Debadged, Chrome lower grill accents and Chrome shift knob
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645473

JUST ARRIVE: CRAB INTAKE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pontg6
                      ebrake- lift up ebrake..find a small flat head screw driver..then take screw driver and press tabs inward on both sides of the button (button has two tabs inside of the handle). once u press them in it will be attached to the boot still ...so just wiggle the handle some and it should just pop right off.
                      Yep took mine off the otherday and put a leather custom handle on. looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by disposablehero
                        I replaced my rubber shitty one with leather. I replaced the s wheel and I have the e brake to replace too but can't figure it out. I have a whole ebrake system in my house. I would just stick tha one on but the chrome ring is fucked. I cut that off and the rubber piece too. Where is e2helper. He would probably know.
                        Which knob did you get?
                        2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

wow it's that simple eh. I still can't figure out how to pop that chrome ring off the shift knob
                          -Mike #1

Comment

Originally posted by Mmartin_47
                            Originally posted by disposablehero
                            Which knob did you get?
                            cheep ass one off ebay

Comment

Does anyone have the silver interior trim kit (tap shift) installed?

The GM site doesn't show it well and I'd like to see how it looks before I buy it.

EDIT: Nevermind.

Comment

Working...
                              X