Any SSer's driven in snow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any SSer's driven in snow?

Well knock on wood, so far so good. We have had about a foot of snow fall in the past week and she does quite well if you are gentle to the pedal. The traction control seems to work really well, ABS does a great job job. The only thing I get concerned with is the front bumper fascia sometimes acting as the battering ram going through the snow - it's a good thing that it is flexible.

Re: Any SSer's driven in snow?

you pretty much covered eveything in your post. Easy on the gas... but the TC does work well. Tires are the most important thing tho. Last winder I just left the LS2's on, and they were incredibly bad... I bought a set of Yoko's on 16 inch steelies this winter and its been amazing since!! so much better than last year. I do however still find that the nose plows alot, its low and honestly our cars are VERY front end heavy.... overall its not bad... this weather just makes me wish it was RWD...
    2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

Originally posted by 06MaxxSS
      you pretty much covered eveything in your post. Easy on the gas... but the TC does work well. Tires are the most important thing tho. Last winder I just left the LS2's on, and they were incredibly bad... I bought a set of Yoko's on 16 inch steelies this winter and its been amazing since!! so much better than last year. I do however still find that the nose plows alot, its low and honestly our cars are VERY front end heavy.... overall its not bad... this weather just makes me wish it was RWD...

i thought front wheel drive cars were designed for use in snow and such...
      2007 G6 2.4L VVT Ecotec- Black Sedan
      Appearance: Tinted Tails, 15% Tint, Black Calipers, Black Overlays and Eyelids, Black Painted Upper Grills, Blacked out door trim, Flowmaster exhaust tip, G5 GT Wheels, Red Interior LEDs, Red LED Dome, removed front plate, added oem fogs
      Performance: WAMS 93 ECU and TCM tune, Injen CAI, and Racingline STB
      Future plans: Red LED Trunk Wiring, Black headlights, exhaust, black rims, eibach springs

Comment

Originally posted by xxbrandonxx

I drove a stang in REALLY heavy rain and RWD completely sucked. I imagine snow is about the same.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

FWD is better in snow then RWD but id take RWD over front.

its a matter of preferance

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Snow...whats that

'06 Malibu SS...Vector 93 tune, Nitto Invo, Magnaflow, Cai

Comment

Originally posted by Val06SS
              Snow...whats that
              The stuff the northerners bitch about.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mike91y2k
                Originally posted by xxbrandonxx

I drove a stang in REALLY heavy rain and RWD completely sucked. I imagine snow is about the same.
                Fishtailing FTW!!!
                <-- Gray G6? Click!
                2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Yeah I have come to the conclusion that the LS2's are complete garbage in anything but dry pavement. Wait I take that back, they suck on that too. I've had past experiences with Yokohama Avid V4's (or were they T4's) but they were solid performers. My last set on my 98 Monte Carlo where Bridgestone Turanza's and those were nice too except I thought they were a little loud and wore very quickly. Come spring I'll have to do some more spirited driving and earn myself a new set of tires.

Comment

And this for the wise guy =)

Originally posted by Val06SS
                    Snow...whats that

Comment

LOL nice pic.... is the SS under there somewhere???
                      2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

Nope the SS is not in the picture but my girlfriends grand Am is under the snow right in front. Luckily, my parents were kind enough to let me keep the SS in the garage overnight at there house for the night before and my girlfriend and I carpooled using her Grand Am. I also was just reminded that I have the summer "option" LS2's on my vehicle, hence the gentle pedal, traction control, and ABS all getting a throrough testing. Come on Spring!

Comment

either you have never driven a rwd in imperfect weather, or it was a low powered one. fwd in bad weather ftmfw honestly, unless its hurricane weather
                          These 2 I have, rain, rofl have fun. The big gray is a spin happy lil sucker on dry pavement, in the rain, baby foot it or you will lose it. Handles like an absolute dream, but beware the lead foot when its wet as for snow, eh, whats that o wait, thats that stuff we had a week ago for the first time in 6 years nm

Originally posted by acxdarlene
                          no...all i did was help u guys w/ ur collection of blonds

Comment

Originally posted by 08blackgt

either you have never driven a rwd in imperfect weather, or it was a low powered one. fwd in bad weather ftmfw honestly, unless its hurricane weather
                            These 2 I have, rain, rofl have fun. The big gray is a spin happy lil sucker on dry pavement, in the rain, baby foot it or you will lose it. Handles like an absolute dream, but beware the lead foot when its wet as for snow, eh, whats that o wait, thats that stuff we had a week ago for the first time in 6 years nm

first time in 6 years???? i thought you said that this was only the second time in your life youve been in snow and the first time ytou were really young

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                            Originally posted by snowmanG6
                            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

2nd time i saw snow, it snowed 6 years ago 40 miles from us, well, snowed isnt really the word, more like flurries then melted 2 seconds after it hit the ground

Originally posted by acxdarlene
                              no...all i did was help u guys w/ ur collection of blonds

Comment

Working...
                              X