Looking for an automotive switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an automotive switch

The plan is to control to light sources with one switch.

Like this:

- left side would be the red light control on "not toggle"
    - middle would be the off control
    - right side would be the white light control on "not toggle"

- the switch would be on a single power source. From the fuse box "dash lighting"

Any help/links would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you know how I would wire the switch that to would help immensely
    ALTERATIONS:

Full 2008 GXP Sport Edition Conversion, MPD hood, Crab 03/04, HSRK, chrome oil cap/door locks, WAMS 93 tune, tints, Kenwood DNX5120 dvd/nav, red led interior lighting, 05 leather seats, Impala Leather console lid, 3rd LED brake light, Custom trunk lid liner.

Re: Looking for an automotive switch

http://shop.vetcosurplus.com/catalog/pr ... ts_id=7939
    2009 PONTIAC G8
    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

wiring should be easy depending on the switch

i would guess the middle terminal would get the dash light feed then the left side would get red lights and the right white lights

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

That one is a Momentary both sides switch. I was looking for one that clicks into place. Like click on, click off, click on. On that site they have 2 others that look similar to one you linked me to. But they have different part #'s.
        ALTERATIONS:

Full 2008 GXP Sport Edition Conversion, MPD hood, Crab 03/04, HSRK, chrome oil cap/door locks, WAMS 93 tune, tints, Kenwood DNX5120 dvd/nav, red led interior lighting, 05 leather seats, Impala Leather console lid, 3rd LED brake light, Custom trunk lid liner.

Comment

I guess the brackets means momentary?

(on) off (on)

on off (on)

on off on ----- Do you think that this is the kind I'm looking for? It has 3 polls. As I understand I would wire it up accordingly

poll - my red light power (with it's own ground)
          poll - dash light power source
          poll - my white light power (with it's own ground)
          ALTERATIONS:

Comment

ANYBODY????
            ALTERATIONS:

Comment

Yeah, that should be right.

This is the one you'd want if you want it to click into place for on - off - on.

Momentary means it goes back to the original position after you hit it. (http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/components/switch.htm)

Your wiring looks right too. Just send the power to each light and ground them somewhere.

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

I sent them an E-mail, and this is their reply:

Barry Craig wrote:
                > Would I be able to power 2 different light sources with this switch
                > Part Number: PH-30-16072? My plan is to put 2 different light sources
                > in the dash of my instrument cluster. The original power source will
                > be from the fuse box (dash light fuse). So can a single power source
                > be connected to this switch while enabling me to either turn on a red
                > light (click switch left). Put the switch back into off mode (no
                > lights). Then turn on the white light (click switch right). I'm
                > looking for a factory type looking switch. Thank you for your time

Barry;
                I truly don't know. We seem to get into trouble when we guess what will
                work. In electronic terms the switch is single pole, double throw with
                center off.
                Warren, Vetco
                ALTERATIONS:

Comment

Hahaha. Nice. It will work. All it's doing is completing either one circuit or the other(or neither). No big deal. Its the same as just installing a rocker switch(like I have for my red lights under my dash) but in this case it has two options to go to.

He probably just doesn't want to get involved in case something crazy happens and you walk out of wal-mart to see your car on fire

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

I've never used that company, fyi, i just found them when i did a google search for SPDT rocker switch.

Might try digikey, they have a lot of electronicky stuff and they are a far more well known company to deal with...
                    2009 PONTIAC G8
                    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Working...
                    X