No announcement yet.

CRAP ON A CRACKER! Need part number...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRAP ON A CRACKER! Need part number...

There has been a rattle in the passenger side of my dashboard for some time now. Since last year actually. Lately, it's REALLY bothering me, so I've decided to hunt it down with a vengeance.

Well, I was POSITIVE I'd traced it to something inside the blower motor. So positive, in fact, that I removed said blower motor to discover I was, in fact, wrong. And the kicker? There is a plastic ring you have to cut to remove the blower motor. When you cut it, the motor falls out. Literally. And apparently, there is a "service ring" that you need to have in order to REINSTALL said blower motor. This ring, I do not have. So right now, I have my blower motor duct taped in, but it isn't going to hold for long.

So I am desperate - someone PLEASE get me a part number for that service ring and the screws (assuming it's a kit?) that go along with it so I can get my blower properly reinstalled!!!

2009 PONTIAC G8
    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Re: CRAP ON A CRACKER! Need part number...

note to self: when noticing a rattle in this car, turn up music... but i admire your perseverence
    2006 Black GTP Coupe
    Dr. Speed stage 3&4 intake
    Vector Motorsports 93 octane tune
    Tinted Tail Lights
    Red painted calipers

Comment

Anybody???

This is a crisis! My blower won't stay in!
      2009 PONTIAC G8
      MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

good luck
        cobalts are the same way and for the love of god our parts department cant find a part number for a service kit

im sure G6's are the same way which is total

your best bet is going to be to try to make something yourself that will hold it in place
        if i rememebr right theres 3 holes on the motor and 3 on the case. basicaly yo need to get screews that will fit in those holes and then maybe a piece of wood with holes drilled out to keep it in place

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        Originally posted by snowmanG6
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
          good luck
          cobalts are the same way and for the love of god our parts department cant find a part number for a service kit

im sure G6's are the same way which is total

your best bet is going to be to try to make something yourself that will hold it in place
          if i rememebr right theres 3 holes on the motor and 3 on the case. basicaly yo need to get screews that will fit in those holes and then maybe a piece of wood with holes drilled out to keep it in place
          omfg what a nightmare.

so what do your guys do if they replace a blower motor? how do they hold it in?
          2009 PONTIAC G8
          MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

new motors come with the kit

the problem is if leaves or something fall in and makes noise then your like screewed

i havent had to deal with that yet all of them like that were warrenty and got a motor

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

FOOOK!

Wonder how much a new blower motor is...
              2009 PONTIAC G8
              MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

duct tape, super glue and some bailin wire

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

duct tape, super glue and some bailin wire

don't tempt me!
                  2009 PONTIAC G8
                  MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

it was a suggestion, if u were in HVAC i would say throw some duct sealer on it too or as we call it pookie.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

The part # your looking for is 15844347. This is the kit you have to buy when your replacing the blower for the first time

Comment

Mikey!!!

GM PART # 15844347
                        CATEGORY: All
                        PACK QTY: 1
                        CORE CHARGE: $0.00
                        GM LIST: $45.59
                        OUR PRICE: $23.71
                        Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

THANK YOU!!!!

Oy what a mess I had to deal with this morning. Of course, my windows were all frosty, so I shoved the blower back up into the dash and put the lower dash on hoping it would be enough to hold it together. After I stopped for my coffee, as soon as I hit the highway, the blower came crashing down outta the dash onto the floor. Had no defroster all the way to work. Was a MESS!

I found a temporary solution, I got some mending plates and screws and it is at least holding into place now, but there's a bad air leak so I gotta get this kit. At least I have heat again!
                          2009 PONTIAC G8
                          MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by myredg6gtp
                            The part # your looking for is 15844347. This is the kit you have to buy when your replacing the blower for the first time
                            Dude you come out of nowhere to save the day again!

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                            Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by popsicle
                              Dude you come out of nowhere to save the day again!

Indeed!

It's a christmas miracle!

When the blower came crashing to the floor on the highway i almost ran off the road i was laughing so hard.
                              2009 PONTIAC G8
                              MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Working...
                              X