Accident! :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accident! :(

Well... slid off the road "playing" around in the driveway at work into a shallow grassy/snowy ditch yesterday. I was only going about 5mph and decided I better turn the other direction to miss skidding into the fire hydrant instead which I ended up about 6 feet from! lol Luckily my fiance was home and got me out within 5-10 mins. No BODY damage (dents & such) but the plastic lower grille (the horizontal slats lowest to the ground) on the left side (if you were driving) are FFFFFFFFFFFed lol. The plastic "skid plate" as I would call it (and Im not a car person) that bolts to the underside and protects what I guess is the bottom of the radiator snapped off, along with chips and cracks and pieces of that whole underlying plastic area. But no damage (other than some paint rubbings/scratching) to the body itself on the very lowest part of the bumper. Yay plastic! And the right grille seems to be in one piece.

I just looked on JcWhitney to no avail (that or Im blind which is known to happen from time to time). So whats my best option to getting those parts replaced.

And another question. Its hard to see under the car since theyre so low to the ground.. are the lower grills all one piece with the bottom skid plate or separate? I just want to know how many pieces Im gonna have to buy or if its all just 1 big one?

....shoulda put my chains on Monday when I got em! lol... *durrrrrr* Oh well.

Re: Accident!

Check with some of the guys on here who have changed out their lower grills. I'm sure somebody has the stock ones laying around.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Working...
    X