• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain-X Latitude Wiper Blades

Brand: Rain-X Latitude Wiper Blades
    Company website: http://rainx.com/Products/Wiper_Blades/Latitude.aspx
    Price: 20-25$ CAD

Purchased From: Walmart, but online store available
    Installation: (Use easy, moderate, involved, or difficult) Very easy! (Unsnap, resnap and you're done!)
    Installation Time: Less than 5 minutes

Quality of Part: (rate 1-10) 10
    Product Performance: (rate 1-10) 10
    Would you Recommend to Others: Oh yeah!

Any Other Comments: I bought those for my Torrent since it came with those crappy 80's wiper blades... I loved the ones on my G6 so much that when I saw that Rain-X made a similar product I jumped on the occasion (that and we had a severe case of snow & ice storm last week). I'd been using them on the road everyday since and I'm very satisfied by the results! Too bad they don't make then in 15in (for my back window). Also the driver's side came with a Rain-X window treatment sample!

Use the link below to see what size you need to match your car's stock OEM wiper blade size.
    COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6
    Clicky for progression place

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
    MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Re: Rain-X Latitude Wiper Blades

too bad they dont work on the g6 like it says they do.
    done: CRAB CAB woot woot!, aftermarket black taillights, chrome upper recessed grilles, dual rear valance and gt-r exhaust system, duplicolor red painted calipers with R1 concept e-line drilled and slotted rotors and posi-quiet ceramic brake pads all around
    to do (soon): window tint
    to do, maybe (later): painted headlights, color matched recessed grilles
    need: g6performance.com decals
    cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2687601 *not yet updated with the new g6*

Comment

Originally posted by datexasdude
      Iiiiiiiiiiii have a pair....
      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

So if I'm in the market for new wiper blades should I get these?

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
          so do i.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
          TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
          Show
          -20% tint
          -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
          -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Originally posted by mike91y2k
            So if I'm in the market for new wiper blades should I get these?
            Well if you were satisfied with the stock ones that came with your G6 these are a great alternative to OEM ones and cheaper! The construction isn't the same however... the GM ones has a metal bracket that holds the rubber in place while the Rain-X ones uses a more flexible "all-in-one" piece... in other words the rubber can't fall off the bracket like the GM ones! and because they are more flexible they are easier to get rid of ice/snow.

At first they didn't wipe properly at the top/bottom leaving a trail of about an inch but after 2-3 days they were fine (I guess they needed time to adjust to my windshield since they were in a box and it's cold here in Montreal). Now at every wipe it's like my windshield turns into HD
            COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
            MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
              Originally posted by WoodburyMan
              so do i.
              So do tell me how the hell you got em to fit ? I picked up a set today and they don't even remotely look like they'll fit .. enlighten us oh wise(ass) ones
              sigpic

Comment

There's a weird ass adapter that came in the box with mine. Just follow the instructions with it. I can go take pictures of mine if you need them?

**EDIT** I'm bored. I'm going to so I can make a "How to install wiper blades" guide
                Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms

2005 CGM GTO.
                386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

The Official How To Put on Rain-X Wipers Guide

The pieces! The blade itself, the base/adapter and the little cap.

Look at the base, you'll notice there's a little prong in the middle on one side that will line up directly into that little hole on the wiper.

Push them together till they snap in together. You might not hear a snap but it will stay.

You'll notice that the little contours on the base part line up with the wipers, get them lined up.

Slide the bottom part pictures here in first till snug, then slide the top part down after th bottom is in.

You should have this.

Go and put the little cap on and slide it on from the top so they wont come off.

You're good to go!!

Go do some wiping!!!

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

nice job woody.

Just a bunch of
                    2009 PONTIAC G8
                    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish

nice job woody.

Just a bunch of
                      Fixing it

**EDIT** Now fixed.
                      Stupid file extensions. The original photos were lowercase .jpg... and the program I used to resize them renamed them all with .JPG...

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

me thinks me might have gotten the wrong blades ... as mine look nothing like yours .. DAMNIT ! off to Walmart to return them LOL
                        sigpic

Comment

sweet thanks i was just lookin at these today and was going to ask about them. glad i found this thread goin to order them right now from the rainx web site.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                          Originally posted by ahuhn
                          so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Hey woody. Where do you keep that thumb?

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                            Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by popsicle
                              Hey woody. Where do you keep that thumb?
                              Where you you do you keep it?

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

Working...
                              X