Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratches on rear bumber

hey guys,

last night i hit a stupid yellow poll with my rear bumper. i just had it repainted and i do not want to go through that again. are there any self paint/repair kits i could use? there are no chips or dents, just few scratches and some yellow marking.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Scratches on rear bumber

They have GM matching touch up paint kits at some different places. IDK how well you'll be able to make some of those totally disappear though

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

When done buff it out and repeat it 2-3 times. It got rid of a lot of scratches I had when i got my 6er (used).

Only use the touch up paint after trying that... as touch up paint is a last resort.
      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

The dealership I work for we have a company that comes out and sands down just that part of the bumper and then air brushes the paint on. Its not as good as a body shop but no too bad for the money. call your local dealer and ask them for the name of the people they use.
        ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
        .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

well the scratches aren't, THAT bad i think. i just need to get the yellow marking off. i had a friend that suggested putting a dab of paint thinner/remover for house paints on a towel and rub it off. any thoughts?

well my dad owns a dealer and i know the body shop he uses, but i rather not deal with them just because he will be pist at me for messing up my car

Comment

you cam probably get out the yellow paint with some elbow grease and wax I would try that first. If you have or know how to buff it using a buffing wheel that will help allot just be careful not to swirl that black paint.

EDIT
            someone last year scraped my bumper in a parking lot while I was in a store. I used a buffing wheel on this and you cant even see it ever happened. Give it a try or talk to the clean up crew at you dads place.

....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
            .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

Use:
              Melguiars cleaner wax, let the stuff work...that means, lots of elbow grease and lots of wax.
              After all the markings are gone....use shoe polish paste....get a chunk and rub it against the scrapes....polish with a cloth.

Or, get those colored waxes and give it a try

Comment

thanks guys, will visit Advance Auto Part tomorrow and see what i can pick up and try.

will report back with results sometime soon this week

Comment

Working...
                X