my heated seats are possessed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my heated seats are possessed!!

hasnt happend since the winter but i just thought id see if it happend to any of you...

my heated seats used to turn on every now and then when i would turn on the car.

at first i thought that i was hitting the button by accident but it happend a few times when i made sure i hadnt hit the button. it wasnt really a problem cause it was the winter and the seats were cold.

anyway it hasnt happend at all since the weather warmed up so it got me thinking...

is it possible that the heated seats turn on automatically when the outside temperature is below a certain number? i never really noted the temperatures when the heated seats did turn on.

the seats aren't supposed to come on by themselves just bc it's cold outside
    -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Maybe a short somewhere. They aren't auto on.

Comment

Hummm, mine is coming on by itself also. I also thought I was turning it on by habit but no. It's been doing this for about 3 weeks. It's random. So it'll be hard to explain to the dealer. Probably a normal problem! It's supposed to to that!
        -Marc

2005 Granite Metallic GT sedan

Comment

well mine only happened in the winter so maybe it fixed itself? ill have to let u guys know if i notice it turn on again.. might have to wait till it gets cold :-p

Comment

as long as you can turn it off...
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Curious. Maybe you just don't notice it now because the seats are already warm from the weather when you get in the car?
              ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

is it possible you left them turned on when you got out of the car and they stayed on when you got back in the car or do they default to 'off' whenever the car is started?

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
                  is it possible you left them turned on when you got out of the car and they stayed on when you got back in the car or do they default to 'off' whenever the car is started?
                  they default to off whenever the ignition is cycled
                  Originally posted by colinpeddle
                  They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
                  That here, by G6er law, we lie
                  Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
                  THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

if they were on during this weather i would notice haha they get pretty hot..

the other day i turned on the passenger one before a buddy of mine got in the car.. he kept saying how hot it was and i just blamed it on the black leather seats and the sun... long story short took him about a half hour to realize they were on.. got out and his back was drenched

Comment

thats harsh man
                      Originally posted by colinpeddle
                      They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
                      That here, by G6er law, we lie
                      Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
                      THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

I could definitely tell a difference, even in the sun, when my heated seats are on. It's a different kind of feeling, because it's still constantly heating up.
                        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

my ex hated the heated seats in my jimmy...she said it felt like she peed her pants.

(she drank a lot)

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
                            ...she said it felt like she peed her pants.
                            LMAO, my sis said the exact same thing.

I haven't tried the heated seats in the hot sun, I figured you wouldn't really be able to tell they were on. Guess I was wrong! I'll have to remember the turn-it-on-for-a-friend trick, that's pretty good!
                            ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

Originally posted by AeonPurdue
                              Curious. Maybe you just don't notice it now because the seats are already warm from the weather when you get in the car?
                              It's not just warm from the weather. The light is actually on on the switch.
                              -Marc

2005 Granite Metallic GT sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X