Wanted Part #: 2009.5 G6 MyLink Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Part #: 2009.5 G6 MyLink Radio

Not sure exactly if they are making a 6 six change version or just a single... part #'s for both would be peachy.

Figured the details wont be out for part numbers for AT LEAST a few months at best, but wanted to get ahead of the game. I'm thinking of getting this... my 2006 6 disc changer spat out discs like 10 times last week when i changed the CD.. getting really really annoying... I'm trying to hold out for this radio but if it doesn't come out soon enough i might grab a 2008-2009 with Aux input... I really want USB though for my iPhone..
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Re: Wanted Part #: 2009.5 G6 MyLink Radio

Find a G6 with one and get the car's Vin number. With that we can get the part numbers.
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

probly not available yet thats just my guess

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

I can get it tomorrow, you'll lose all your DIC functions thought and the plug I'm 99% sure is different.
        Chris White
        http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
        2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
        2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
        2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
        2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
        2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

Originally posted by GTPprix
          I can get it tomorrow, you'll lose all your DIC functions thought and the plug I'm 99% sure is different.
          Ouch.... Really? That would totally suck. The reason I'd get it is cause it has the DIC built right into it and it would be plug and play once the VIN is programmed into the radio.
          Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms

2005 CGM GTO.
          386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
          2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
            Ouch.... Really? That would totally suck. The reason I'd get it is cause it has the DIC built right into it and it would be plug and play once the VIN is programmed into the radio.
            The 09.5 has the DIC relocated to the instrument cluster and the rest of the Malibu running gear IE bowtie radio. The Bowtie radio has a different harness I'm 99% sure but I'll check in a few minutes for you. I seem to remember checking for other members before the aux in came out as a possible replacement.
            Chris White

Comment

Yup completely different connectors
              Chris White

Comment

briefly off topic...i know you gxp owners love your car, but i couldn't help but fall over laughing when i read this:

2009.5 Pontiac G6 Sedan, Coupe and Convertible get facelift, GXP remains horrifying
                and this:

By the way, the GXP does not get any facelift love, and thus the infamous "Street Edition" remains ugly enough to stop every clock in a 132-mile radius.

2009 PONTIAC G8
                MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Wonder if there's anyway to retrofit a 2009.5 cluster.. and somehow get the 2009.5 radio in....

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan

Wonder if there's anyway to retrofit a 2009.5 cluster.. and somehow get the 2009.5 radio in....
                    new cluster may have a new harness also to accomodate the DIC functions. could be wrong though...
                    2009 PONTIAC G8
                    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

New harness plus it'll go crazy since your 06 doesnt have TPMS... would probably be about a $4000 job if I had to guess.
                      Chris White

Comment

Boooo. Looks like 2008 Radio with Aux input for me... or aftermarket.

Or trade in for a 2009.5 GXP.. and put my front bumper and hood on .... but then why not just go to G8 GXP or G8 GT

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

New harness plus it'll go crazy since your 06 doesnt have TPMS... would probably be about a $4000 job if I had to guess.
                          My radio didn't complain about TPMS... 08s have TPMS standard.

Unless you're referring to the possibility that a new BCM is required...
                          <-- Gray G6? Click!
                          2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                          2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                          Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Working...
                          X