Juiced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juiced

hi all. just thought i would post some info about my g6 gtp. well 2 weeks ago i went drag racing to see what the car would do. well to make a long story short i was dissapointed. 14.72 at 97 mph was the best run of the night. (will post time slip later, im at work) so i said to myself, ive got a nitrous bottle at home that was in my supra what would the g6 be like with a little laughing gas? so when i went to work the next morning (advance auto parts) i orderd a nos system dry shot nozzle, powershot solenoid, and a.035 jet (good for 50hp), i had the switches and lines already. the stuff came in the next morning on my day off needless to say i didnt mind going in to work to pick the stuff up and went straight home to get to work. installation was very easy except when i went to mount and wire the microswitch DUH theres no throttle cable so i mounted it on the pedal in the car for wide open throttle operation. after about an hour we were ready to go tear something up. got on a long stretch of road and let her rip and WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO man is this thing fast. it should run at least low 13s in the quarter with a set of slicks. now i just have to get tires and friday night its off to the races! i will post pics when i get home tonight about 11pm eastern. the only other thing ive done is a k&n filter and flowmaster 40 series muffler.
    http://www.performancepc.50megs.com

It's been said before.... and i'll say it again.... if you're going to go to Xtreme speeds, you should also redo the suspension and other wonderous costly things. When you take you're first turn WHAMM, hello tree. to add power from an intake and exhaust is one thing, but when you do that and THEN add nitrous, exceding the speeds of 100 will be quite a bit hairy. like a rocket propelled go-kart. i'm surprised you didn't try the whole propane mix trick while you're at it. actually, hook up a propane/air mixture kit and tell me how that works.
    "And shephards we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee; Power hath decended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command; We shall flow a river forth to thee, teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti..."

Comment

Be careful with the slicks. Kyle already broke his halfshaft running stock power on stock tires and NOS+Slicks will probably break your car.

So keep an eye on things!

Otherwise keep us posted and we want pics!!
      Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

wow - do i feel the tension in this thread already! Racer taker easy out there and keep us posted with pics and slips! Good job with tryin something. :smoke:
        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

dont worry ive got quite a bit of experience under my belt i just wanted some quicker ets. for me its not about driving everywhere at 100+ mph its about how quick i get there. anyway ive posted pics on my website.

http://performancepc.50megs.com/photo.h ... 1151457493

Comment

Well it would be interesting to see what you discover, good luck with it.

Comment

I like the idea. I actually will be doing something similar, just don't know when. Question? Why did you plumb it into the airbox, instead of right before the throttle body?
              2006 Malibu Maxx SS with Mobil1 badge and oil cap

"ZeroRTized" manifold

Comment

for just a 50 shot I really don't think you have to worry about anything serious, as long as you're not constantly using it everytime you go out for a ride.

good work though
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Unhappy with a 14.7??? What more do you expect out of a 3400 pound 240HP car lol
                  2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                  334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

apparently low 13s
                    Originally posted by colinpeddle
                    They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
                    That here, by G6er law, we lie
                    Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
                    THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

i put it in front of the mass air sensor so it would automatically turn the fuel up, and ive been using nitrous for years and it just seemed like a fun thing to do until i get my vega done.

Comment

well we went drag racing last night and man what a difference! out of seven passes the fastest time was 13.498 at 101.33 mph. i only used it from third gear on and had to air the tires down to 15 psi. could probably get 12s with a good set of tires and a 75hp shot but that will come later. as soon as i get my scanner working ill post all my time slips (no drivers for linux but im building them) the car ran 13.5 consistantly all night, this will make a great bracket racer and i just left it in drive. man it sure was nice to smoke some hondas and mustangs.

Comment

Originally posted by racer_x_2k1
                          well we went drag racing last night and man what a difference! out of seven passes the fastest time was 13.498 at 101.33 mph. i only used it from third gear on and had to air the tires down to 15 psi. could probably get 12s with a good set of tires and a 75hp shot but that will come later. as soon as i get my scanner working ill post all my time slips (no drivers for linux but im building them) the car ran 13.5 consistantly all night, this will make a great bracket racer and i just left it in drive. man it sure was nice to smoke some hondas and mustangs.
                          I bet it was haha... nice runs tho, congrats on getting that little extra buzz out of it!! Let us know how the car holds up the more you use it (at the track of course) :smoke:
                          Originally posted by Toyz
                          Originally posted by simplyred
                          what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                          As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Nice, Post up your time slip.

I take it its a Dry kit?
                            2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                            334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

wow nice times!
                              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Working...
                              X