Flipped over foglight/dimmer switch pod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flipped over foglight/dimmer switch pod

This is a super-easy mod. Took only a few minutes!

From my seating position, the foglight switch was impossible to see through the 3-spoke steering wheel. So I was always fumbling around feely-meely to find it. While I had the instrument panel bezel off for painting, I reached behind the switch pod and pushed outward. It popped right out and I just flipped it over left to right. (NOTE: there is an indexing piece that is cast into the dashboard at the top of the opening that the switch pod sits in that I cut off with a sharp razor blade in order to get the pod back in upside down.) It popped backin really easily, and now I can see the switch without straining or feeling.

Here's a pic:

NOTE: You can pop this pod out without removing the guage bezel just by slipping a thin blade behind it and prying it out.
    SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
    Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
    CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
    Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Photo is not working?
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

can also just take off side panel of dash and push it out, the side panel is held in by three clips at top, bottom and near side

Comment

also, how did that really make a difference, might of moved it what maybe a 1/4 inch farther out??? if that

Comment

Actually, it moved it about 2 inches. Check your dashboard and you'll see what I mean. Like I said, it was blocked from MY seat position. Maybe not a problem for others.
          SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
          Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
          CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
          Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

oh yeh that is right, was thinking it was in the middle not on the inside....i took that other spacer out and put in 2 rocker switches so this is a no go for me, but good little fix for not being able to see it

Comment

I will echo the fact I cannot see it, and that is annoying! But I am unsure if flipping it will help me.

John
              Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

link is working for me john, your internet must suck, haha

Comment

I like it, good idea. I always have to futz with mine before i can actually turn them on
                  Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

my indicator light doesn't even work half the time anyways, i just push the button everytime i get in the car
                    -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

That's a neat mod.

Just as a form of habit.. i always drive w/ my fogs on.. so i turn them on before i even leave park.. I had fogs in my old car, and they were always turned right on as well.. i just love the look

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Hmmm good idea. I can never see the indicator light for my switch because of the steering wheel.

And oh, if that light stops working, and you decide to have the switch replaced under warranty, make sure they use the switch with a different part number. I ordered one because I didnt' feel like sitting at the dealership for hours while they did it. I gave them the part number on my broken switch, and they sent me one with a completely different number on it. So far no problems.
                        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Nice idea, doesn't bother me where it is but nice work.

Comment

Good idea.

I personally just look at my rolled up window for the reflection to see if it's on.

Well, I did when the light worked.

sigpic
                            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Can't do it, it would make my passport info upside down.

Besides, the passport LEDs are still blocked by the steering wheel somewhat. Not as much as the fog light LED though I guess. But I still have to shift a little out of my natural position to see them.

***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

Working...
                              X