This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pass side Air bag

Anybody else had issues with their pass side air bag?

In my car, when someone is sitting in the pass seat, the airbag light comes on, but if they move the seat all the way back the airbag off light comes on aswell as the airbag on light. I'm sure it's just a loose wire or something. I'll take it in this week.

Just curious if anyelse has had this happen.
    Originally posted by Lampoon
    I dub your car.....The Red Hot Chili Pepper!!
    '06 GTP with Tapshift.

yeah I haven't had that, you might want to get it looked at, I am constantly moving the passenger seat forward and all the way back and I've never had a problem with the air bag light.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Sometimes the 'On' lights stays on for a few minutes after the passenger gets out of my car.

Mike
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I'm sure it takes the seat a minute or two for the cushion to pop back up and the sensor to realize no one is in the seat?? Maybe thats the case, I haven't had any of these problems with my passenger seat and the air bag sensor.
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Ok, took it in today and the dealer found the wiring was rubbing against the seat frame and wore thru, causing it to ground out.

She's all better now.
          Originally posted by Lampoon
          I dub your car.....The Red Hot Chili Pepper!!
          '06 GTP with Tapshift.

Comment

or that would cause it, good that you got it taken care of before is shorted worse and started sparking, don't even want to think what would happen from there.

Comment

Working...
            X