Tint Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tint Question

I just read in the manual that metallic based tint on the back window will kill the radio reception, since the radio antenna is in the glass itself. Has anyone w/ tinted windows experienced this problem?

I'm having my windows tinted on Friday and I don't want dye based tint, does anyone know of good alternative to metallic?
    06 Black G6 GTP Coupe, 20/10 Tint, Hard-wired Passport 8500

I haven't really noticed any major problem with the radio, but I only am tinted down to 35%...

If you do run into trouble, you can just stick with the XM radio, it's what I use most of the time anyway, beats the monkeys off of FM any day
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

I personally have not had any problems with my radio reception.. do you know a way to find out what kind of tint was used??

EDIT- My tint is 5% in the back.. if that makes a difference?? I wouldn't think so, I know you were talkin about the stuff in the tint.. but ya never know

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

No problems!
        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Yes it will mess with it, I haven't seen it on the G6 but I've seen lots of cars with that problem. I made that mistake once when I started installing tint.

Comment

I don't know a way to find out... price maybe? Metallic tints cost more and a reputable tint shop is going to use them over the dye based tint.

Interfire - Thanks.. I dont know that it's enough to deter me from doing it, I do still have XM Do you know of a way around this issue? Is there a good alternative to metallic based tint?

Comment

HottG6Mama - 5% ?! You don't mess around I am guessing you are forced to use the side mirrors to see if someone is behind you, haha. I was wondering if I was going to have problems w/ 20% on this car since the backwindow is kinda small and obstructed by the ridiculously large break light housing.

Comment

You can ask the shop, or take some and lay it out over the window and see if it changes anything.

You can go with ceramic tint, or just a high end non-metallic tint. Madico has MAC3000/MAC4000 which is ceramic based film and Llumar has one called Formula One or something.

Comment

Interfire - Perfect! Thank you!

Comment

ohh.. I have no problems seeing.. although it is kinda difficult to see out it at night.. but it's allll goood, I love it being dark

At first, I was nervous about it being so dark, because you couldnt see my third brake light.. but with it being LED i believe.. when you step on the brake, you can see it plain as day!

(I work with cops, so i don't have to worry about tickets any time soon )

Comment

Originally posted by dreamcube
                      Interfire - Perfect! Thank you!
                      Anytime

Comment

Ive had no problems whatsoever with my tint...

Monica - Lucky ass :P
                        Originally posted by Kman
                        'Ghetto Booty' + Jules = My, My ,My

Comment

HottG6Mama - Can you tell the cops that my tint is okay too? Thanks!

Well it sounds like nobody is having issues, I will bring it up to the tint shop and see if I can get ceramic tint on the back instead, if not I will just risk it.

Thanks everyone!

Comment

move to Elmira.. then we'll talk

you've got me wondering though.. I may call the tinting place one of these days and ask them about it

Comment

Uh oh, haha.. If you are like me once an idea gets planted in your head you will worry about it until it's resolved. I didn't mean to do that to you, I just made the mistake of reading that part in the manual. I also read the part about "drunken driving"... I was just trying to find out how to reset my trip meter and I got distracted...

If you're wondering... hold down enter for a cpl seconds while on the trip a or b display

Comment

Working...
                              X