Turning noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning noise

Don't remember hearing about this one in other posts. Sometimes when I turn the wheel left I hear a creaking/grinding noise. Almost sounds like it may be coming from somewhere near the wheel well. I don't feel anything, just hear it. It's only happened when I'm turning left, and it doesn't happen all the time. Anyone else have any trouble like this? I just know it's gonna be one of those things where I take it to the dealer and they tell me they couldn't find anything wrong.
    ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Could you possibly be rubbing? Just throwin out suggestions...
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I have a creaking too..and a freakin squeck in front..took the squeck to the dealership they didnt hear anything, so i have to take it back again to get it figured out
      2006 GT, GTP Ulra-Bright Wheels, GTP Exhaust, Painted dual lower valence, Middle mirrors, Bottom rocker panels, Red Calipers, GM Strut Bar, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, G6 all weather floor mats, Debadged, Chrome lower grill accents and Chrome shift knob
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645473

JUST ARRIVE: CRAB INTAKE!!!

Comment

Re: Turning noise

Originally posted by AeonPurdue
        Don't remember hearing about this one in other posts. Sometimes when I turn the wheel left I hear a creaking/grinding noise. Almost sounds like it may be coming from somewhere near the wheel well. I don't feel anything, just hear it. It's only happened when I'm turning left, and it doesn't happen all the time. Anyone else have any trouble like this? I just know it's gonna be one of those things where I take it to the dealer and they tell me they couldn't find anything wrong.
        Omg! I have the exact same problem, except mine does it every time I do turn left. I actually did post about it awhile ago, but it was in someone else's thread. I have no clue what it is, but its been doing it for awhile now. My car will be going to the dealer next week tho...
        2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

hmmm i remember this post...search around for it, i think someone had a fix

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
            hmmm i remember this post...search around for it, i think someone had a fix
            I think it was a different problem tho...not quite the same.
            2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

That's interesting to hear other people are having the same thing. I figured it was some fluke thing. And I don't think it's anything rubbing Kyle.
              ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

Got it too - in the Maxx. I read this has been a problem with all Malibus since they have been built. GM knows about it too.
                2006 Malibu Maxx SS with Mobil1 badge and oil cap

"ZeroRTized" manifold

Comment

Originally posted by AeonPurdue
                  That's interesting to hear other people are having the same thing. I figured it was some fluke thing. And I don't think it's anything rubbing Kyle.
                  I know it was a simple guess, i guess i was still in the mind set of drivin my truck with oversized tires Good luck with this and i will keep an ear open for anymore noises in my 6er
                  Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

i had this problem in my jimmy a while ago and it turns out that my idler arm hadn't been greased in forever (what is the point of LOF if they don't lube shit!?!?!?). do our cars have rack and pinion or would they have an idler arm to check? just check all of the steering components, lift the front end and turn the wheel and see if it still makes the noise. you can at least narrow it down.

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
                      i had this problem in my jimmy a while ago and it turns out that my idler arm hadn't been greased in forever (what is the point of LOF if they don't lube shit!?!?!?). do our cars have rack and pinion or would they have an idler arm to check? just check all of the steering components, lift the front end and turn the wheel and see if it still makes the noise. you can at least narrow it down.
                      Well as it is now it doesn't make the noise when I'm sitting still, only when the car's moving. And even then it doesn't do it all the time. Seems like it does it more when I am driving it kinda rough.

Comment

i only noticed the noise in my truck when i was parking or taking slow corners...so under 10 or 15mph or so. which was odd, but we greased the idler arm and the noise went away but it was still wicked loose and had to be replaced. i dunno, it just made the same kinda noise under similar situations so i thought i would throw it out there.

Comment

yup... had the same problem... 06 GTP

I actually had this problem in one of my other GM's. In the other car it tunred out to be low fluid level in the Power Steering fluid. I went and got a little bottle of power steering fluid and dropped in like 100 mls and the problem almost totally went away. The other thing I did was put some oil on a rag, and then ran the rag over the strut shaft. You have to push up the plastic cover inside the spring, but the shafts get really dry and will start to rub on the seals...

After doing those two things, never heard the noise again...

Good luck
                          2006 G6 GTP 6spd. Black on Black

Comment

Hey mods, I made use of the search button to find this because I thought I read about it before. Pat on the back for me!

Anyway, I started hearing a squeaking noise when turning left at slow speeds like into a parking spot. Just had an oil change so they should have greased everytihng. I guess I'll check the power steering fluid.

Has anyone else found out any other reasons why this happens?
                            2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

Squeak, rubbing noise

I am having this problem as well, mostly notice when turning left slowly. I will check the power steering fluid. Thanks for bringing this up AeonPurdue. I took mine to the dealership and that could not find anything wrong but who knows with them some days. Anyways, Thanks again for all suggestions. :warped:
                              Red G6 4D

Comment

Working...
                              X