Help finding post about changing the way the trunk lid opens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help finding post about changing the way the trunk lid opens

I can't find the post about the guy who flipped the way his trunk opened. Can someone please link me. Could be my next "WINTER, SATURDAY" mod.

Thanks

Barry
    ALTERATIONS:

Full 2008 GXP Sport Edition Conversion, MPD hood, Crab 03/04, HSRK, chrome oil cap/door locks, WAMS 93 tune, tints, Kenwood DNX5120 dvd/nav, red led interior lighting, 05 leather seats, Impala Leather console lid, 3rd LED brake light, Custom trunk lid liner.

Re: Help finding post about changing the way the trunk lid opens

someone did this? i must of missed that

Comment

Ya, I remember seeing it when I first joined the forum. I hope we can find it again. I "just" might do it, if it looks easy enough.

I did a search, but I came up empty.
      ALTERATIONS:

Full 2008 GXP Sport Edition Conversion, MPD hood, Crab 03/04, HSRK, chrome oil cap/door locks, WAMS 93 tune, tints, Kenwood DNX5120 dvd/nav, red led interior lighting, 05 leather seats, Impala Leather console lid, 3rd LED brake light, Custom trunk lid liner.

Comment

hmm ive never seen that. mabe you got confuzed with some epesiode of pimp my ride?

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
        TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
        Show
        -20% tint
        -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
        -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Ten to one he saw a pic of a vert with the trunk opened backwards to let the top up or down.

Blue Man Group Member NY Local 123

Comment

i think there was one someone posted once from cardomain..that is probably it

Comment

oh cause i just searched and couldnt find it. then i got side tracked and did somethin else haaha.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
              TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
              Show
              -20% tint
              -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
              -Professionally heated seats

Comment

I didn't see it on a vert, it was a sedan. The car was silver "if I remember correctly". Oh, com'on, don't tell me I've lost it . I swear that I saw it on THIS forum. I don't belong to any others. This is it. And I don't go to CarDomain unless someone has a link to it from here. HUH??

I'll search the net to see what I come up with.
                ALTERATIONS:

Comment

I remember it, it was called flip flop trunk lid I believe. Pretty much what it did was when you opened your trunk it lifted up and pushed back, so your still seeing it as if it was still closed.
                  My Car Domain
                  Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Tru ... 240%3A1318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                    .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

Originally posted by jedi3
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Tru ... 240%3A1318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ya, I saw that. But, if you look at the trunk hinges compared to ours and way it bolts to the hood is different. The guy that I saw, he did his home made.
                      ALTERATIONS:

Comment

I don't ever remember seeing it

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                        Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Is it the one with the crazy gold and burgundy paint job, he also had a flip flop trunk thing.
                          2007 Red Sedan "6" REPOSSESED
                          Looking for a 500$ Beater to be the home of my stereo system

Comment

someone way back did it I just cant remeber who.
                            ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                            .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's frigin' bugin' the hell out of me. LOL

I might just have to "NEXT" this mod as well.
                              ALTERATIONS:

Comment

Working...
                              X