No announcement yet.

G6 Performance Exhaust by GM (On 2.4L)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G6 Performance Exhaust by GM (On 2.4L)

So, I DID do a search and there was a topic that I found concerning GM's performance exhaust, but unfortunately the search button does not like "GM" and just omits it, and the only topic I found had been locked and did not discuss the 2.4L version.

I was wondering if anyone that has the 2.4L had gotten GM's performance exhaust (the one you can get from gmaccessories, the cat-back) and what difference it made? I know that when used on the GXPs and also the GTs people claimed there was virtually no change; however, I also know that same thing was stated about simply adding an air filter and yet I noticed a very noticeable change in my intake sound and a little bit more pep due to the fact that the 2.4L doesn't really have any stock 'performance' backing it up whereas the 6-cylinders all do to some extent.

So, my guess, is that if I were to add this performance exhaust system, then the sound when combined with the air filter would sound similar to that of the GT and possibly close to that of the GXP stock sound possibly. I know a lot of people are going to probably say 'um,,, heeeell naw!', but I'm thinking that it will make a very noticeable change since the 2.4L has like ... nothing 'performance' minded about it.

Any thoughts? Anyone with a 2.4L have it?

Re: G6 Performance Exhaust by GM (On 2.4L)

Does it say it supports the 2.4??? Becuase I know the GT-R exhaust for the v6s engines doesn't fit the 2.4.... But it wont sound like a v6 its a 4 cylinder... may help out with performance though. Good luck.
    06 g6 gt
    Doctor Speed Stage 3 intake.
    91 Octane WAMS Tune.
    Dashhawk

Comment

GT-R does fit the 2.4L I asked him
      87 Jeep Comanche Metric Ton
      90 Eagle Talon TSI
      09 G6 Progression(New Car)
      My Progression

Comment

The GMPP does fit the 2.4L.. at least the one that's made for it. No one's ever tried it with a 2.4L to my knowledge... there's only been one or two to use the GMPP on any of the v6's for that matter. For the 2.4L I'd honestly just do a exhaust tip or something to that extent.
        2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
        Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
        2005 CGM GTO.
        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeman17
          GT-R does fit the 2.4L I asked him
          Yes, indeed it does. Will it make the 4 banger sound like a v6 ? absolutely not. Just like the v6 will never sound like a v8, nor will a v8 ever sound like a jet engine. We're talking physics here that cannot be altered by simply adding bigger pipes. Will the GT-R help the 4 banger with performance ? yes, if you add the proper mods. You have to increase the air intake, in order for the exhaust to become efficient.

Comment

Working...
          X