Saturn Sky Redline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturn Sky Redline

From GM News(http://www.gm.com) info on the Sky Redline. GM projects pretty impressive numbers for this ride. These are the numbers the G6 GTP should be running!

FOR RELEASE: 2006-06-23

2007 Saturn Sky Red Line Features Turbocharged Value

260-horsepower roadster to start at $27,895

Detroit – Today, Saturn announced that the 2007 Sky Red Line will be available this fall at a starting manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $27,895 (including destination charges). Retailers are now taking orders for the turbocharged variant of the Sky roadster, which is one of the hottest selling cars in the auto market.

The Sky Red Line features the 2.0L Ecotec Turbo engine, equipped with direct injection technology. It produces 260 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque, making it General Motors’ highest specific output engine ever at 2.1 horsepower per cubic inch of displacement.

“Through its design and advanced technology, the Sky Red Line shows that Saturn is making vehicles like never before,” said Dave Smidebush, Saturn’s director of marketing. “But the Sky Red Line also demonstrates that the brand’s commitment to great value and innovation in our product lineup is as strong as ever.”

Along with the boost in horsepower and torque, the Sky Red Line features a long list of standard equipment including:
    Stabilitrak electronic stability control
    Traction control
    Close-ratio five-speed manual transmission with self-adjusting clutch
    Four-wheel ABS disc brakes
    Limited slip differential
    Performance-tuned suspension with coil-over Bilstein monotube shocks
    Air conditioning
    Power locks, windows and mirrors
    OnStar with one year of Safe & Sound service

The Sky Red Line will accelerate from 0-60 mph in about 5.5 seconds, and will run the quarter mile in about 13.9 seconds.
    2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
    Forge Motorsports BPV
    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
    HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Direct Injection...the best thing to happen to turbocharging since air!!

it has our stabilitrak system but they only put a 5 speed MT in there...why? not that i wish our F40 on anyone, but why not put a 6 speed in it? i bet that car will haul ass and have fun doing it.

Comment

eh, four gears would be enough. Manufacturers should just go back to the old days with three or four gears. Hell, the Z06 can go from 0 to 175mph in 5th gear alone.

GM projects these numbers, but we'll see how well it really sells. I still have yet to see a Solstice on the road, as well as a Sky. And now Mazda has a hard-top Miata coming out that looks pretty badass.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

i think the extra gears are just for gas mileage....but i do like being able to say "I have a 6 speed" for some reason. i learned to drive on a '67 with a 4 speed and it was nice to learn on...but cruising at 70mph at 2grand is nice on the gas gauge.

i've seen 2 solstice on the road and none of the saturns. i did drive a turbocharged mazdaspeed miata the other day...and all i can say is the boost threshold on that car seems to be dialed in perfectly. if their hardtop is as good as the ragtop they could have a serious piece of the market.

i would still love to see the Sky Red Line sell well, it has such great potential but i think the nefarious saturn name might scare some people off.

Comment

plus the fact that you won't be able to negotiate the price.
          -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

Every Solstice and Sky slated for production this year are already sold. So I'd say GM figured it out pretty well.
            04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
            Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

yea but how many is that?
              -Mike #1

Comment

I can't find the all the numbers right now. The only thing I could find was this:
                Originally posted by GM
                Pontiac sold 9,700 Solstices from January through May

I have read on internal GM communications that all cars of either model that are being produced are sold. This may, and probably does, mean that they are sold to dealerships though.
                04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
                Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

why should g6 be running that when we arent turboed?

i have seen 2 soltices, they really dont look that good in my opinion

Comment

He might have meant that the GTP should be rockin a 3.9 S/C and producing numbers like that... at least I would love to see that, the S/C makes for easy HP gains as well!
                    Originally posted by Toyz
                    Originally posted by simplyred
                    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

When you consider that the concept G6 was supercharged and was putting out more than 260 at the crank, I agree that the GTP should be putting more down.

sigpic
                      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Even though its a SATURN.... The sky looks hot! The solstice, I liked alot in the beging but after seen them a lil more on the road, I like the rear alot and dont car for the front end.
                        2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                        Gotta have it Green color
                        Brembo brake package
                        420 HP 5.0L
                        Ford Racing Power Pack
                        GT500 track pack differential cover
                        BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

That's the first Saturn that made me go, "I must have her..."

Comment

Working...
                          X