• Show
Clear All

• Xenon Depot "Volt" 3000K and 6000K HID Kit

Brand: Xenon Depot Volt
    Price: $119.99
    Purchased From: http://www.kbcarstuff.com

Installation: Easy
    Installation Time: 30-45 min. tops
    Any Installation Tips You Have: Use a 23mm drill bit "about 7/8 metric, for the plastic cap behind the low beam."

Quality of Part: 10
    Product Performance: 10
    Would you Recommend to Others: I would strongly recommend for anyone.

Any Other Comments: The product is great quality, plug and play. Weather seals on the plugs, ultra thin ballasts for multiple location placement. I have waited about a week to do the review and have had great results, no problems.
    I would not use any other product.. Check out the how to in a few days....
    V.M.S. 93 Stealth ECM/TCM....
    Red Duplicolor calipers...
    Royal Purple 5W30..
    Crab Cab 04.

Re: Xenon Depot "Volt" 3000K and 6000K HID Kit

Did you get the H11 6000k Volt Digital+ Xenon HID Conversion Kit (part # VDP-6k-H11)?
    I am looking at getting HID's for my 06 GT and I dont want to buy the wrong kit.
    Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
    INDIAN WARRIORS
    1926-2010

Comment

$119!!! damnz thats a good price. did the bulbs fit perfectly, like pushed right in, or did you have to modify the 3 lil tabs on them/ the slots on the headlamp?

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
      PSN: racin247
      Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

if they are the right bulb size why did you have to shave yours down? i know some are tight fits but i never had to modify the tabs and i've tried 5 set of bulbs lol
        2007 G6 2.4L VVT Ecotec- Black Sedan
        Appearance: Tinted Tails, 15% Tint, Black Calipers, Black Overlays and Eyelids, Black Painted Upper Grills, Blacked out door trim, Flowmaster exhaust tip, G5 GT Wheels, Red Interior LEDs, Red LED Dome, removed front plate, added oem fogs
        Performance: WAMS 93 ECU and TCM tune, Injen CAI, and Racingline STB
        Future plans: Red LED Trunk Wiring, Black headlights, exhaust, black rims, eibach springs

Comment

Originally posted by xxbrandonxx
          if they are the right bulb size why did you have to shave yours down? i know some are tight fits but i never had to modify the tabs and i've tried 5 set of bulbs lol
          because the tabs were just too big too fit, and that annoyed me, being that the thing said h11 on it, and was supposed to be 'plug and play' entirely, but that was the only thing that was wrong with it really....but i undrstand what you are saying, cause i have tried 2 sets of regular (read white aftermarket) bulbs and they all fit perfectly.

check back the flashtech thread, i believe one or two other ppl ran into the same issue as me

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Comment

High strength discharge kit usually known as the HID comes with unlike specifications, depending upon there colors and range.

Comment

Originally posted by silverg6er
              Originally posted by xxbrandonxx
              because the tabs were just too big too fit, and that annoyed me, being that the thing said h11 on it, and was supposed to be 'plug and play' entirely, but that was the only thing that was wrong with it really....but i undrstand what you are saying, cause i have tried 2 sets of regular (read white aftermarket) bulbs and they all fit perfectly.

check back the flashtech thread, i believe one or two other ppl ran into the same issue as me
              id suggest others get from ddm then. i didnt have to mod anything and its well under half price with life time warranty

Comment

I have a set from both and honestly there is lil to no difference.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
                Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
                INDIAN WARRIORS
                1926-2010

Comment

yea, but seriously, how hard is it for someone to just take a scissors and take a little bit off of a tab.....no biggie. And the lights were awesome! so whatever suits you....

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone86

other than price, $119.95 vs. $40.00-->speaks for itself

on the other hand glad you are happy with the kit you bought!!
                    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963

I would also like to mention I have played it safe as far as where I have the expensive set and where I have the cheaper sets. Ie my xenon (expensive set) are my lows, eBay $60 set for highs, and ddm for fogs.

RIP
                      INDIAN WARRIORS
                      1926-2010

Comment

Originally posted by PeterKesel
                        High strength discharge kit usually known as the HID comes with unlike specifications, depending upon there colors and range.
                        You mean High Intensity Discharge right?
                        DONE: debadged, cold air intake, Crimson Crab, red painted calipers and black painted rotors, painted engine and battery cover, eyelids, black emblem overlays, 235/55R16 tires, Raceingline engine mounts, Raceingline strut tower brace, Black recessed upper grilles.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963

I would also like to mention I have played it safe as far as where I have the expensive set and where I have the cheaper sets. Ie my xenon (expensive set) are my lows, eBay $60 set for highs, and ddm for fogs.

in this day and age price doesn't matter anymore when it comes to HID kits. I've installed very very expensive kits and very inexpensive kits. Some have worked and some haven't. I know for a fact though DDM is the choice for all the GTO guys and I have never had a single issue with mine and they are insanely cheap!
                          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Ok so I spoke too soon... My second eBay ballast blew and I will be going to ddm to get a replacement set. I've come to the the conclusion that money talks and I'd rather save my money to pay my car off. Lol

RIP
                            INDIAN WARRIORS
                            1926-2010

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone86 View Post
                              Ok so I spoke too soon... My second eBay ballast blew and I will be going to ddm to get a replacement set. I've come to the the conclusion that money talks and I'd rather save my money to pay my car off. Lol
                              sorry to hear that, unfortunately it happens once in a while. Both my Ebay kits I've recently bought before my DDM's I had ballasts go bad and most ebay sellers will claim they have a warranty but good luck having them honor that "warranty"

Comment

Working...
                              X