Recall info via E-mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recall info via E-mail

I just wanted to let everyone know if they didn't already, that you can get any recall info via e-mail. all you Have to do is Go to Pontiac.com and go down to the bottom of the page and click on the ownners link, register and you will be e-mailed any recall info and other stuff as you choose it tracks your maintenace schedule if you want wich is not to neccesary with the G6, considering I have been driving on the same oil for over 4000 miles and am still at 22% But you can track other GM Vehicles on here as well.

~Gabby

I was not aware of this. I wonder how much crap email they'll send along with the recall info?
    ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

They won't if you don't want it just don't check the other boxes I don't get stuff often

~Gabby

Comment

Isn't that MyGMLink supposed to do this too? I registered for that and I still haven't received any info on anything.
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

It is the same thing. Did you enter your VIN? If you didn't it won't be able to update you on anything just track your maintnance scedule wich with the G6 there is really no Maitnace For a long time.

~Gabby

Comment

I did the "MyGM Link" deal too. Although I did get e-mails regarding new products, there's been no recalls or other items of interest to repair.
            There were some earlier issues of VIN numbers not being accepted. I don't know if that's been resolved.
            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know about that. That's awesome!!

Comment

One more GREAT thing about MYGMLINK...if you have OnStar, they can diagnose problems with your car if you sign up for it on the website. Every vehicle has different amounts of what can be diagnosed and reported back to GM, so not sure about what they can 'see' over the air in the G6 cause mine has no OnStar.
                BUT it really helped when the fanbelt broke my LaCrosse while I was on the road. They not only sent a truck, but the driver had the fanbelt that the car needed with him, replaced it roadside, and I was able to drive away instead of being towed. I doubt they'd do a whole lot more than that on the side of the road, but I was VERY impressed that this guy fixed my car without me having to even open the hood to find out what was wrong. :smoke:
                SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
                Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
                CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
                Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

hmm thats cool, but I don't have onstar...

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
                    There were some earlier issues of VIN numbers not being accepted. I don't know if that's been resolved.

Still doesnt seem to work, I just tried it again, Says the Vin is valid, but not in database. Its only been a year since I got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Laura's GTP
                      hmm thats cool, but I don't have onstar...
                      WAAA WAAA
                      Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
                      Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

Originally posted by cnagy65

Still doesnt seem to work, I just tried it again, Says the Vin is valid, but not in database. Its only been a year since I got it.
                        Funny, mine did the same thing. then I wrote to the "Contact Us" thing on the MYGMLINK page and I bitched about it like I was really pissed. So they fixed it that day, and then they sent me coupons for 4 free oil changes and a free tire rotation to apologize!

Comment

Originally posted by Tin_Indian_G6

Funny, mine did the same thing. then I wrote to the "Contact Us" thing on the MYGMLINK page and I bitched about it like I was really pissed. So they fixed it that day, and then they sent me coupons for 4 free oil changes and a free tire rotation to apologize!

I'm going to have to try that too.
                          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Tin_Indian_G6

I'm going to have to try that too.
                            Thanks
                            They fixed it, but no free coupons

Comment

Really? They fixed it and said they were gonna send me a free coupon for an oil change.

Comment

Working...
                              X