Trunk Rattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trunk Rattle

Well U have used 70 sq feet of deadner and it helped but I am still unhappy with how week this trunk is. I am going to fabricate some l brackets out of angle iron. I will do 2 on each side. I hope this will help. I am going to just make it so I can take them off when I want to sell my car off. I am also doind a carpet job over everything. I will keep you all posted when I get her designed and post pics with the completed job.
    Originally posted by Nikki
    You are an e-pimp.
    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
    I tried too, my penis way too big
    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

yea my trunk sucks. I can actually push it down a little more on one side when it's closed, but it moves right back up.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
      yea my trunk sucks. I can actually push it down a little more on one side when it's closed, but it moves right back up.
      My Brother-in-Law is a part manager for a GMC dealership.. and he sent me to one of there techs. and he showed me some adjustments you can make on the trunk latch to help that. there is like a two way screw in the linkage. and you can adjust there. adjust too much or not enough and you can be at it for hours tring to find that perfect medium.. I havent had the balls to go try it. figured my luck id end up overdoing it LOL

Comment

I really didn't notice a rattle till the last week or so. Now it's really pissing me off!
        ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

Originally posted by sammyboy405
          My Brother-in-Law is a part manager for a GMC dealership.. and he sent me to one of there techs. and he showed me some adjustments you can make on the trunk latch to help that. there is like a two way screw in the linkage. and you can adjust there. adjust too much or not enough and you can be at it for hours tring to find that perfect medium.. I havent had the balls to go try it. figured my luck id end up overdoing it LOL
          is that on the trunk or on the latch in the bumper?
          -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

Mine really doesn't go down much when I push on it. But it will muve like crazy with the bass. And there is something under the car that is a high pitch rattls and my dome light broke the other day. Where the mag attaches to the light. And the clipps for one of the 6x9's broke in the back dash. The rearview vibrated loose and I just took it off till I decide to get some lock tite to hold it. It just keeps coming loose. And forget keeping it to where I cansee. And there is a rattle in the mirror itseld. I amgoing to get a needle and fill the back side with silicone. That might help a little. Then we will add in the sunroof and all the pannels that rattle even without bass. Not made very solid if you ask me but I still love her.
            You are an e-pimp.
            07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.

Comment

My rearview mirror rattles like an SOB, and since it's right near my head I can hear it clearly, even with the music up.
              -Mike #1

Comment

With my music turned up i cant hear anything, but i know the noises are there. I am not to sure about the quality of the interior and body panels, but like disposable., i love my ride :smoke:
                Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by sammyboy405
                  is that on the trunk or on the latch in the bumper?
                  Its on the release mechinisum wire.. to be honest i never asked or paied attention to my trunk to see weather its on the lid or the bumper end. i will call the guy back monday,

Comment

Originally posted by disposablehero
                    Mine really doesn't go down much when I push on it. But it will muve like crazy with the bass. And there is something under the car that is a high pitch rattls and my dome light broke the other day. Where the mag attaches to the light. And the clipps for one of the 6x9's broke in the back dash. The rearview vibrated loose and I just took it off till I decide to get some lock tite to hold it. It just keeps coming loose. And forget keeping it to where I cansee. And there is a rattle in the mirror itseld. I amgoing to get a needle and fill the back side with silicone. That might help a little. Then we will add in the sunroof and all the pannels that rattle even without bass. Not made very solid if you ask me but I still love her.
                    Check your Heat Sheild on your Muffler.. Thats usually what vibrates under the care.

Comment

lol you're going to rattle your car into peices dude.

Comment

I know, it sucks that these cars are made so thin. My truck is taking a pounding and still holding together. New cars ftl when it comes to strength.
                        You are an e-pimp.

Comment

Yeah I hear ya on that.

Side note, dunno how the sedan trunks are but I'm pretty happy with the one on the coupe. A lot better built than my other car, which didn't rattle too much with a system added.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                            Yeah I hear ya on that.

Side note, dunno how the sedan trunks are but I'm pretty happy with the one on the coupe. A lot better built than my other car, which didn't rattle too much with a system added.
                            I just have the factory speakers still w/ my jvc stereo.. and if got a song with alot of deep bass. it rattles the trunk. and it had a odd rattle in it and i found the spare tire rod that holds the tire in was rattling. once i tighted it down that went away. i dont have a big enough system to rattle the lid though. was gonna buy some speakers and put back there but wife and I decided to save my extra cash and take a vacation down to San Antonio.

Comment

I have no rod in mine lol. That came out. I have the amp stashed down there. I an doing the design tomorow at work so I will see what I can do. I amthinking about an entire frame around the trunk. We will see.
                              You are an e-pimp.

Comment

Working...
                              X