Induction Service????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Induction Service????

Car is at the dealer getting a few issues handled.

They called and said the tech recommended "Induction Service".

What the hell is that and is it necessary?

I told them no thanks.

Re: Induction Service????

you didn't ask them what it was when they called...you just turned it down?

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
      you didn't ask them what it was when they called...you just turned it down?
      They are notorious for trying to sell stuff that isn't required. If it does require such a service not covered under my warranty, i'll take it to a local mechanic that gets my $$$.

Comment

on an '06 i doubt you'll need it yet. save your money and just use a can of seafoam if you want. it cleans all the same parts of the car that a mechanic would with an induction service.

Comment

well depending on how many miles you have on the car and if the service is a B&G induction then I would do it in a hart beat, that stuff is great and really works.
          DONE: debadged, cold air intake, Crimson Crab, red painted calipers and black painted rotors, painted engine and battery cover, eyelids, black emblem overlays, 235/55R16 tires, Raceingline engine mounts, Raceingline strut tower brace, Black recessed upper grilles.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjonsrt
            well depending on how many miles you have on the car and if the service is a B&G induction then I would do it in a hart beat, that stuff is great and really works.
            42k on the clock.

But for the price (~$150), i'm not sure if its worth it. Reading around this forum and other GM forums, it sounds like if you use Seafoam or Chevron Techron once in a while, you should be fine.

Comment

I dont know anything about sea foam but I do know how well the B&G works it is pricey but it will make your car run like new. they open your throutle body and shoot it in there for about 15 mins while the car run and you car stand there and watch all the carbon buildup come on the exhaust.
              DONE: debadged, cold air intake, Crimson Crab, red painted calipers and black painted rotors, painted engine and battery cover, eyelids, black emblem overlays, 235/55R16 tires, Raceingline engine mounts, Raceingline strut tower brace, Black recessed upper grilles.

Comment

You can go to like Texaco Havoline oil change places and get the Seafoam deal for less.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

we use the BG products for our induction services at my shop
                  its might just be a family sedan, but girls love this car

Comment

Can someone explain what an "induction service" is?

G
                    Pontiac G6 V6 Sedan Granite Metallic; ASA JH9 19' on Michelin PS2 (225/40/19); Red Caliper Paint by Duplicolor; Partial debadge; Lumar Tint 30/20; Eibach Springs; Razzi Ground Effects; GT-R Exhaust, CRAB Intake, VMS PCM Tune, MPD Hood
                    Upcoming Mods: Stage 4

Comment

I've had the BG done twice, but not on the 6. Both times noticed a huge difference. It's such a slow buildup, you don't notice it. But it's a quick blowoff.

But I've gotten it done for under $100 in the past. Think I paid $85.

Blue Man Group Member NY Local 123

Comment

Originally posted by g

G
                        They run their magic potion through your system with engine on and usually at a around 2500-3000rpms. It's supposed to clean carbon build up in such engine parts as the air plenum, air intake throttle plate, intake valves and fuel injectors. I had a fuel injection service at Mr. Lube a couple of months ago and the car seems to be running fine. I don't know if that helped performance (because shortly after I installed Lampoon's famous CAB and intake piping ). Next time I will probably opt for just a good fuel cleaning additive.
                        Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
                        Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
                        Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

Originally posted by standfast
                          Originally posted by g

G
                          They run their magic potion through your system with engine on and usually at a around 2500-3000rpms. It's supposed to clean carbon build up in such engine parts as the air plenum, air intake throttle plate, intake valves and fuel injectors. I had a fuel injection service at Mr. Lube a couple of months ago and the car seems to be running fine. I don't know if that helped performance (because shortly after I installed Lampoon's famous CAB and intake piping ). Next time I will probably opt for just a good fuel cleaning additive.
                          Thanks. How often is it recommended to do this?

G
                          Pontiac G6 V6 Sedan Granite Metallic; ASA JH9 19' on Michelin PS2 (225/40/19); Red Caliper Paint by Duplicolor; Partial debadge; Lumar Tint 30/20; Eibach Springs; Razzi Ground Effects; GT-R Exhaust, CRAB Intake, VMS PCM Tune, MPD Hood

Comment

I think it depends on what your typical driving conditions are. If it's mostly stop and go, I've seen places recommend the service every 25,000km's. For mostly highway driving, it seems the recommendation is for service every 40-50,000kms. Some people (mostly those connected to service providers) suggest that most fuel additives don't do the job because they fall short in their ability to get to all the affected areas. I think it makes sense for you to try the full induction service if you have been experiencing problems such as poor acceleration, poor mileage or incidents of hesitation under throttle. If you haven't any of those symptons you should speak to a trusted mechanic about the benefits before spending anywhere from $100 to over $200.
                            Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
                            Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
                            Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

Thanks.

G

Comment

Working...
                              X