Need Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice

After looking at Keith's and Kyle's G6s lowered, I finally made up my mind. I am lowering my ride too. The only concern I have is that the tires on my g6 are 245/40 18". Compared to the factory's 225/50 18", mine are a little wider and could result on rubbing of the rear tires on the fender well. How much wider do ya think my tires are compared to factory? And should that be somthing to be concerned about?

Can a moderator move this to the right forum. I thought I was posting it under suspension.

-2005 GT
    -GT-R Exhaust
    -Dr Speed Stage 3 CAI
    -Eibach Lowering Springs
    -18" ASA JS5 on Sumitomo HTR+
    -20% Window Tint
    -Vector Motorsport Tune

Re: Need Advice

Originally posted by lberrios
    After looking at Keith's and Kyle's G6s lowered, I finally made up my mind. I am lowering my ride too. The only concern I have is that the tires on my g6 are 245/40 18". Compared to the factory's 225/50 18", mine are a little wider and could result on rubbing of the rear tires on the fender well. How much wider do ya think my tires are compared to factory? And should that be somthing to be concerned about?

Can a moderator move this to the right forum. I thought I was posting it under suspension.
    Width? that's easy... take the first number and divide by 25.4!

225/25.4 = 8.85"
    245/25.4=9.65"

Mikey

Comment

225/25.4 = 8.85"
      245/25.4=9.65"
      Thanks Mikey, how about the height? Would the tire be slightly lower?

-2005 GT
      -GT-R Exhaust
      -Dr Speed Stage 3 CAI
      -Eibach Lowering Springs
      -18" ASA JS5 on Sumitomo HTR+
      -20% Window Tint
      -Vector Motorsport Tune

Comment

Originally posted by lberrios

225/25.4 = 8.85"
        245/25.4=9.65"
        Thanks Mikey, how about the height? Would the tire be slightly lower?
        225/50 =26.9"
        245/40 =25.7"

You Don't Work, You Don't Eat, You Don't Grind, You Don't Shine

Comment

The 2nd number is aspect ratio in terms of percentage. The aspect ratio of a 225/50 would mean the tire is 50 percent of the width of the tire in height. So...it would be 112.5 mm's tall.
          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

When I've talked to tirerack they said that they recommend a 245/45-18 as the wider 18. That is the size that I'll be going with anyway. Hopefully it won't rub.
            04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
            Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

That would be my choice on an 18....
              Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Originally posted by mbiker97
                When I've talked to tirerack they said that they recommend a 245/45-18 as the wider 18. That is the size that I'll be going with anyway. Hopefully it won't rub.
                It will fit, if you dont lower it..

you guys roll fenders yet?

You Don't Work, You Don't Eat, You Don't Grind, You Don't Shine

Comment

I've rolled other fenders, but not this car yet. I kinda feel like being a guinea pig right now.
                  04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
                  Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

Working...
                  X