Aura Rental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aura Rental

On my resent trip to Las Vegas I got a Aura XR4 for a rental car from Alamo, we took a trip over to the Riverside California area with the car. The Aura was a very sharp looking car for a 4 door, it had the Redjewel tintcoat on it and had tan leather interior. We put close to 600 miles on the car and averaged 28.5 mpg for the time we had the car. I really don't think that is bad for the mpg considering I had the cruise set at 80 mph going across route 15 back and forth, the AC on for most of the trip and there were 3 good sized guys in the cars and luggage also. The only down side of it was the car did an awful lot of downshifting going up some of the hills, but taking everything into consideration I was really pleased with the car, not to the point were I would run out and buy one "I really have a hard time getting in and out of 4 door cars." The only thing I would change on the car if I would ever buy one is I would go with the 6 cylinder instead of the 4 cylinder in the car, get up and go was OK but the 6 would be better.

Re: Aura Rental

wow. where have I been? Every XR I have test drove or that friends own, etc, all have 6's in them. Was yours an 08 or 09?

Course the ones im familar with, were the first year models, as my wife wanted onr for awhile and I would always ask to test drive the "top of the line" aura, cuz she has to have everything under the sun in a car.

Hopefully she wont see this cuz then shell want one again

AJ
    De-Badged, Tinted Tails 3rd Brake Light
    Custom Painted Interior, Engine/Battery Covers
    Custom Intake, Racingline MM, Black Upper Grills
    My next mod: Figuring out how to turn my 6 into a place to live since ill be homeless come Feb

Comment

Originally posted by ajnjennsg6
      wow. where have I been? Every XR I have test drove or that friends own, etc, all have 6's in them. Was yours an 08 or 09?
      I'm guessing it was a 2009, it had 11,000 miles on it and had Colorado plates on it. I looked at the Saturn website and there are 2 XR models, one with the 4 cylinder in it and one with the 6 cylinder in it.

Comment

Originally posted by RJO
        Originally posted by ajnjennsg6
        I'm guessing it was a 2009, it had 11,000 miles on it and had Colorado plates on it. I looked at the Saturn website and there are 2 XR models, one with the 4 cylinder in it and one with the 6 cylinder in it.
        OK cool.

I was looking in their site too
        My next mod: Figuring out how to turn my 6 into a place to live since ill be homeless come Feb

Comment

the xr 4cy is new to 2009.

6 speed
          tap shift
          leather heated seats
          chrome door handles
          17in rims instead of hub caps
          radio controls on the steering wheel

....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
          .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

Originally posted by jedi3

6 speed
            tap shift
            leather heated seats
            chrome door handles

That's correct, it had all of that stuff. I really liked the radio it had in it, it showed all of your channel settings for each ban and it also displayed what song was playing and by who and the channel you had the radio set on and to top it off it had the XM radio working at no extra charge.

Comment

6 speed
              tap shift
              leather heated seats
              chrome door handles

Damn Im dumb. I never thought to ask you, as you would definitely know.

Know alot about Saturns you do.

AJ

Comment

yes I do
                ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

hmmmm, saturns he knows well jedi does, hmmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle
                    hmmmm, saturns he knows well jedi does, hmmmmm.
                    you have been talking to yoda again I see.

Comment

wait u were in So Cal and u didnt give me or Darlene a Shout out to tell us u will b here. , well i hope loved cali

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                      Originally posted by ahuhn
                      so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

6 speed
                        tap shift
                        leather heated seats
                        chrome door handles

Like this guy knows what he's talking about.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                        Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

man I miss riverside. Its so nice there.

Comment

I see that the 3.5 v6 is no longer offered in the aura. So only the g6 has the 3.5 now.

Comment

My friend has an Aura i think with the 3.5L under the hood. I have to admit the inside of the aura is a little nicer then the 6er.

Comment

Working...
                              X