Ipod FM Transmitter? Sirius Satellite? *UPDATED*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipod FM Transmitter? Sirius Satellite? *UPDATED*

Any suggestions as to which is the better way to go? Just got my IPOD for my bday, because Ive been dying for one to use in the Gym and in my Car.

Ive seen several. Some that have docks that sit right at the ciggie lighter. There's wireless, wired, etc.

Ive seen some reviews of the wireless and people have said that in radio-station saturated areas, they sometimes dont work as well.

I plan on going to pick one up this weekend, so...who else to come to, but my favorite G6 people?

So tell me, brands, types, wireless, wired, what do I get? I've seen some as low as $14 and some as high as $120. I dont want to spend $120, but I want something that is going to work no matter where I am. I drive straight through Austin every day and put just over 100 miles on my car per day. So I want it to WORK.
    Originally posted by Kman
    'Ghetto Booty' + Jules = My, My ,My

I put Sirus into my car the lil box and that has an FM transmitter and on the FM transmitter when you hit bad stations you can go to menu and change the frequencey. My old unit I had in my work truck only did 4stations but the one I got for my car and now truck to it allows you to choose the whole FM band and every lil .# like 88.1, 88.3, 88.5 ect all the way up and that way I never have a bad single if I get a FM station that floods me out. So what am trying to say is that if the Ipod has a FM tranmitter and you can do the whole FM spectrum it will be good. And in my car its near CD quility too.
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Sorry, it's not possible for an FM transmitter to do near CD quality. You may percieve it that way, but it is NOT possible, FM does not have enough bandwidth.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
        Sorry, it's not possible for an FM transmitter to do near CD quality. You may percieve it that way, but it is NOT possible, FM does not have enough bandwidth.
        Tom....stop putting a damper on my daydreams. A girl can hope, yanno!?

And besides, you got off topic :P Use your worldly knowledge and tell me what Im supposed to get

Comment

Okay, I have $75 in gift certificates to Circuit city....

And now Im pondering Sirius XM. *sighs* So many toys so little time.

So what do you guys know about the aftermarket Sirius stuff?

I see this...

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/DEI-SIRI ... tDetail.do

And this:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Delphi-X ... tDetail.do

Or would it be worth it just to get the real GM thing for the monsoon?

Comment

I've ordered a bunch while trying to find out, the iTrip was pretty good but I ordered the Podfreq and this thing kicks ass. Very good audio quality.

Comment

Go to the link below. I have this hooked to my sirius and you can leave it on ANY station and when you turn on the power to your Sirius reciever, it will turn off the FM signal coming from your antenna. It was the best $20 i've ever spent. Excellent sound quality(and i'm a picky bastard!) Hope this helps Jules. It says it only fits a couple models, but I think it may fit others as well. http://www.sirius-radio-satellite.com/i ... &ProdID=26
              Originally posted by TLS2000
              It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

I travel 55 miles to work everyday.. I had a FM xmiter.. for my ipod.. I absolutly hated it.. I went though 3 differant ones.. and the sound quality just was horrid.

So i bit the bullett.. Bought a JVC Head unit. and the JVC Ipod Controller.I Also Bought the Sirius Satilite Control box as well.. Im loving them both i have so many good quality music choices now. I Love it!

Comment

Have you try Griffin Road Trip FM Transmitter it actually have good signals sure the thing is bulky but the more bigger it seems the better signal. It losses signals when you crossing through sky scrapers though that what the bad thing is.

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

I am hideously disappointed with the iPod FM transmitter.

I think Im going to upgrade the stereo and go with the metra kit. Circuit City had no idea what I was talking about.

Im going to go with the stereo that includes a USB port on the front...so I can load a gig or 2 of mp3's on a jump drive.

Comment

Working...
                    X