Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headlights, what do you have? Any problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlights, what do you have? Any problems?

I know a couple of you have the Nokya Arctic White however I did look these up and they are higher wattage-100W for the H11. I've had past experiences with higher wattage bulbs creating so much head they melted my fog light housings but the headlight housings were fine. Those of you with the Nokya Arctic White-how are they working out and have you had any problems with melting anything. For the rest of you what other types of bulbs have you tried or are currently using?
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

I've been running those Nokyas for about a month now in my headlamps and so far no problems. I even leave the lights on when they come on automatically in the morning or at dusk. There's so much space inside the headlight housing they really can't heat up enough to melt anything. Friday I got Nokyas for my hibeams and installed them, they're pretty nice.

Mike
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I was looking at your cardomain site and I can't believe how bright they look, the bulbs that melted my stuff were PlasmaGlows back when you could buy them on Ebay, they don't sell them anymore. I think I might put the Nokya Arctic White in my fogs, lows, and highs after seeing your car!!
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Thanks. I stay away from the cheaper bulbs on ebay. I learned my lesson with my last car. I didn't melt anything, but the bulbs kept blowing out, they were like, $9 each lol.

Mike
        -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

I installed my Nokya Arctic Whites in the lows and highs and the light emmitted is crap. Did you readjust your lights after you installed them-seems like they shoot too high and not enough on the ground. I think I'm gonna try adjusting them down a little bit and if that doesn't work it looks like I'll be installing HID's again.

Comment

Yea I had to do a little adjusting to get the right look. I had to aim them down a little because when I kneeled down eye-level with the lights they were shining a little to bright.

Mike
            -Mike #1

Comment

ahh ok, good!! I was so disappointed in these lights so I figured they had to be shining too high. I'll have to readjust and see how they look then, thanks man-DOWN WITH DOPE UP WITH HOPE LOL

Comment

Where did you guys buy the Nokya Artic whites from, Im thinking about getting them because I got some bulbs off ebay and they werent bad but Ive blown through 2 bulbs already in less than 2 months.

Comment

Do the Artic's require you remove the headlight assembly all together or just change the blub as normal?
                  ~ Nick
                  ----------------
                  2006 Silver GT Coupe

Originally posted by noRulez
                  Whenever a car is parked too close to a curb an Angel gets AIDS.

Comment

well to change the bulb you have to remove the whole assembly.. not take it apart but remove it!! I got mine from http://www.automotivelightingusa.com
                    Originally posted by Toyz
                    Originally posted by simplyred
                    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I got my H11's from here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... AMEWN%3AIT

and I got my H9's from this guy: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... AMEWN%3AIT

Just click on the right side on other items to buy them.

Comment

The Nokya Hyper Yellows I bought for my fogs, one of them would not stay tight in the housing because the little tab that holds them secure wasn't pushed out far enough. The seller tried telling me that its impossible for one light to be defective because they are mass produced What an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                        X