BIG Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG Problem

I hope I'm posting this is the right area. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for getting vaseline off the exterior of a G6. I was at a party last night and someone thought it'd be funny to put vaseline on a bunch of the cars at the party. Both the glass and the doors. I've scraped a majority of it off using a soft food scraper type thing, but there is still some on the car. I went to the car wash and had them really spray it hard and its still not all coming off. Is this going to ruin the finish on my car?

Re: BIG Problem

vaseline is petrolium based and that can't be good but I don't know what the best thing to get it off is.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

that sucks! well time will get it off. If you want to try to get it off faster you can try some warm/hot soapy water. That'll break down some of it. what will help get it off but is bad for the paint is dish-washing detergent. It'll get most of the vaseline off but it'll also take off your protective wax layer as well.

Comment

Speak to a car detailing place and see what they recommend. That's a juvenile prank to pull and I'd be looking for somebody's nuts to put in a jar.
        Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
        Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
        Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

thats my main rule dont fook with my car, u do i will hunt ur ass down

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
          Originally posted by ahuhn
          so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Need an organic striper as its oil based which is an organic. Soap and water wont do anything. Just watch the water beed off of it.

Safest thing is a machine degreser. Like an engine degresser for auto zone. Or home depot/lowes would also sell degressers.

If you know anyone that works at a bowling center can ask for a little bit of lane stripper. As that strips oil off of lanes and works. I work on bowling alleys and work with alot of stripper and oils and thats how I know that.

Dont use solvent based cleaners! You will strip the clear coat and make the paint bleed! IE break cleaner.

But a water based machine degresser will work just fine and being water based it wont hurt the paint at all
            2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
            Gotta have it Green color
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack
            GT500 track pack differential cover
            BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by dre256
              If you know anyone that works center can ask for a stripper. work with alot of strippers and oil and thats how I know that.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
              Originally posted by ahuhn
              so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by dre256
                work with alot of stripper and oils and thats how I know that.
                YOU DA MAN

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                Originally posted by snowmanG6
                you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Thank you for pointing that out

I meant lane stripper for you guys that couldnt get that

2013 Mustang GT
                  Brembo brake package
                  420 HP 5.0L
                  Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

thanks for all the replies, and confirming what I was afraid of. lol
                    well...4 $13 trips to the car wash and 2 hand washes later and its pretty much all off.
                    The thing that really ticks me off is I was parked in the person's driveway when it happened
                    being 16 and getting a some what decent car for your first car is NOT a smart idea. haha

Comment

oh, and did I mention it was about 15 degrees F and 1 AM when I discovered the shit all over our cars
                      and it was about 35 degrees all day today so that really made washing a treat!

Comment

Originally posted by paechr
                        oh, and did I mention it was about 15 degrees F and 1 AM when I discovered the shit all over our cars
                        and it was about 35 degrees all day today so that really made washing a treat!
                        Thats too cold too for degressers or soap to want to work properly. So that was extra hard trying to get that junk off. Damn, sorry to hear all of that

2013 Mustang GT
                        Brembo brake package
                        420 HP 5.0L
                        Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

Yeah, I knew it wasn't the optimal temperature for the stuff to work, but I didn't want that crap sitting on my car longer than it had to.
                          just goes to show how stupid people are when they're jealous...haha

Comment

16?
                            2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                            Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                            Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                            2005 CGM GTO.
                            386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                            2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Working...
                            X