Custom 6x9 Speaker Grills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom 6x9 Speaker Grills

Well, for those that don't know, I'm a machinist by trade. One of the electricians at my work is doing up his '73 240Z and he asked me to make some custom speaker grills for him based on his design. I thoroughly enjoyed making them, and I even took some pictures so y'all can scope them out. The grills are 1/4" thick aluminum, with a recess on the underside for the mesh to be installed. These are unpolished, so the surfaces may look a little rough to some of you. He is going to polish them himself, then black powder coat them. Once they're done I'll be showing off those pics as well. For those that can't tell, it's just random slot designs with a "Z" in the middle. I've got MUCH higher resolution photos available for anyone who wants to see more detail. Let me know what you think of the pair.

Top View

Underside View (Mesh Recess)

Paired Top View

Paired Underside View

Paired Top and Underside
    Check Out My Internet Radio Show, Streaming At www.live365.com/stations/erndawg101

Or Download The Podcast Of Each Show at www.inthewolvesden.com

nice work man

Comment

very impressive work. how long did the pair take you?
      Originally posted by colinpeddle
      They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
      That here, by G6er law, we lie
      Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
      THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

did you use a CNC?
        -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
        Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

thats pretty badass.. telling us that your a machinest, not sure that was a good idea everyone is gonna try to hit you up for custom parts
          Stealth Grey G6 GT Coupe::Flowmaster duals with GTP valence:: Luminics Lows and Fogs::

Comment

Originally posted by carsuperfreak
            very impressive work. how long did the pair take you?
            Each grill was about 1.5 hours of machining time.

Originally posted by blkGTPcoupe
            did you use a CNC?
            Yes sir!
            Check Out My Internet Radio Show, Streaming At www.live365.com/stations/erndawg101

Comment

That is some very nice work, do anything for yourself?
              Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Originally posted by EmersonHart13
                That is some very nice work, do anything for yourself?
                not yet.

Comment

That is some awesome work there!!! You better keep that on the down low, i bet some people will be hittin you up to do work for them!!

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Soo.. uhh.. wanna do some brackets for a supercharger?

j/k

Looks good Ernie!

sigpic
                    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Can you put a "6" in there instead of a "Z"? If so, I might hit you up on buying a pair.
                        2005 G6 GT, body kit, red calipers, redline elite hood lifts, pan roof, tan leather interior, monsoon 6-disk, 17" crome rims, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI, Strut tower brace, White painted headlights

Comment

Originally posted by HottG6Mama
                          That is some awesome work there!!! You better keep that on the down low, i bet some people will be hittin you up to do work for them!!
                          Hell yeah hahaha...
                          Originally posted by Toyz
                          Originally posted by simplyred
                          what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                          As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Originally posted by fireguy82
                            Can you put a "6" in there instead of a "Z"? If so, I might hit you up on buying a pair.
                            yes

Comment

Working...
                            X