speed limiter info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speed limiter info

I was talking to the head mech. at the dealer. And you know how they have there awesome diagnostic/interrogative comps. Well if he can command stuff for the car, i asked him about the integrated speed limiter...and he simply said, "yea i played with it a couple times, i can get rid of it..."

so he said he will do it when i drop off my car next week for the steering rack change. we'll see if he is BS or my new best friend.

jeff
    05 G6 GT:front air splitter, "speed limiter" removed. Red halo fog lights. fab'd short ram intake(the 1st). first ever side exhaust G6 =) de-badged, removed and filled f.bumper pontiac symbol (another 1st)
    90 bmw 535i :turbo, exhaust, intake, a lot...
    1988 mitsubishi starion esi-r (just bought)
    F/A-22 raptor crewchief USAF

would any dealership do that you think?

Comment

Originally posted by HotG6GTP
      No,they won't alter parameters like that.
      2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
      Forge Motorsports BPV
      CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
      HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
      HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Not hardly. They fear that tampering with a factory safety control device could land them a lawsuit. Plus the big incentive is not there $$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by GT-R

Not hardly. They fear that tampering with a factory safety control device could land them a lawsuit. Plus the big incentive is not there $$$$$$
          agreed, theres no way that a dealership would remove the limiter. especially because the primary reason that is there is because of safety reasons. Could you imagine the repercussions on the dealership if the person driving a car with a speed limiter they removed crased and died?
          Originally posted by colinpeddle
          They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
          That here, by G6er law, we lie
          Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
          THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

I agree too, they might have the abilty to do it but the liabilty would be too dangerous for them.
            2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
            Gotta have it Green color
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack
            GT500 track pack differential cover
            BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Do you really need it off? Like seriously?

Comment

Don't let this turn into an argument or it'll be gone.
                2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Now, I'm not a big one to go fast... But I heard (don't know how true it is) that on the some newer cars if you do alter the speed limiter and go over it, it logs into the computer and you can lose your warranty.

Just something I heard don't know how true it is???

Because only a Computer Network Technician can get his internet speeds this fast:

Comment

Originally posted by MalibuMaxx
                    Now, I'm not a big one to go fast... But I heard (don't know how true it is) that on the some newer cars if you do alter the speed limiter and go over it, it logs into the computer and you can lose your warranty.

You are referring to the 'Data Recorder' or 'Black Box', that it is commonly known as. They are not used to void warranties, but are used to record pre-accident data. The information has been used by law enforcement agencies in accident situations.
                    2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                    Forge Motorsports BPV
                    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                    HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Was just a question, if it turns into an argument so be it.

Comment

You mean we got one of those in the G6? The black box, not the limiter!!!

Mikey

Originally posted by Kman
                        Originally posted by MalibuMaxx

You are referring to the 'Data Recorder' or 'Black Box', that it is commonly known as. They are not used to void warranties, but are used to record pre-accident data. The information has been used by law enforcement agencies in accident situations.

Comment

Originally posted by mikey
                          You mean we got one of those in the G6? The black box, not the limiter!!!

Mikey
                          i thought just about all new cars came with them these days?

Comment

I'm sure we do in one form or another.

Comment

All newer cars have the "black box" basically it records I'd say maybe 5-10 seconds (if that honestly) of data when you get into a car accident. It gets the data before you were in the accident, so say you hit someone and tried to lie about your speed. They theoretically (sp? lol) could go back and say well the car says you were going 55 not 35. BUUUUT there are a host of different things that have to come into consideration, most being the insurance company and the police have to think to check the box. I would think of it being used more in lethal or highly legal accidents more then anything else? Prime example being street races orrr if you got into a baaaad accident going faster then the car was designed to!
                              Originally posted by Toyz
                              Originally posted by simplyred
                              what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                              As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Working...
                              X