Powder coat the GTP 18s??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powder coat the GTP 18s??

I have a black Gtp coupe and i think it might look pretty cool to either powder coat the rims a glossy black to match the paint, or a dark grey or gunmetal color. What do yall think?
    '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Me.... i think that would look Grrrrrrreat! I always liked the Black wheel and or Gunmetal look on Black vehicles. :smoke: How much can you get them coated for tho? I always assumed it would be pretty expensive.
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

ooo....methinks that would be pretty
      Originally posted by colinpeddle
      They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
      That here, by G6er law, we lie
      Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
      THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

yeah that would look awsome, Gunmetal, i think it loos best to have a slight contrast in the colors not like mono tone completely.
        My Progress thread
        http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...282#post429282

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel
          yeah that would look awsome, Gunmetal, i think it loos best to have a slight contrast in the colors not like mono tone completely.
          agreed
          Originally posted by colinpeddle
          They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
          That here, by G6er law, we lie
          Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
          THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

I think it's a good idea. I have been tossing the idea around to start a powder coating business in central indiana.
            There are some rims made from aluminum that will lose their structual properties if they are heated to 400 degrees. I would make sure that won't happen to you before you have them coated.
            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

i think it would look good...nikki or somebody photoshopped it awhile back to see what it would look like....try searching for it
              -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
              Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel
                good call, i was kinda leaning towards the gunmetal.
                '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
                  I think it's a good idea. I have been tossing the idea around to start a powder coating business in central indiana.
                  There are some rims made from aluminum that will lose their structual properties if they are heated to 400 degrees. I would make sure that won't happen to you before you have them coated.
                  thanks man thats good to know. i dont even know what the process involves. What exactly goes down? Any ideas how i could find out if these rims are up to it? Ive got the optional polished bright shiny ones...i dont remember what exactly they call them.
                  '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

I've only done research. But the basics are stripping to bare metal, in your case aluminum. After cleaning of any greases, the wheels are grounded. Then shot with a dry powder that is electostatically charged to stick to the wheels. Then heated to around 400 degrees to "bond" the powder to the aluminum.
                    There may be lower heat options out there, but I'm not aware of them.
                    Additionally, some aluminum can take heat without affecting the integrity of the wheels.

If you wish to learn more about the process.
                    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Think that would look real good, my friend has SRT-4 neon rims and he powder coated them and they look hot!
                      2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                      Gotta have it Green color
                      Brembo brake package
                      420 HP 5.0L
                      Ford Racing Power Pack
                      GT500 track pack differential cover
                      BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

You can usually get them done for around a couple hundred bucks for all 4. More if they need to sandblast, or less if you've had it done yourself.

Comment

Here's a photoshop of mine black...I've been thinking about this since I got the car.

2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

thanks nikki, i thought it was you that did that..i'm just lazy and didn't feel like searching for the pic yesterday
                            -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                            Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

that looks friekin good nikki i really like it. I have some jasc photo editor but i dont know how to use it . I really think i want to do that when i get the money. now i just need to make sure it isnt going to make my rims strucurally weak because of the heat and process.
                              '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

Working...
                              X