This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Starter

my remote starter works decent for the most part...but from time to time when it starts sometimes i hear a sound that sounds like the starter motor grinding or similar sound...also the remote starter sometimes takes longer to start the car...this happens few and far between but I can notice when it happens

I have the same thing when I try and start the car with the key. Sometimes the starter cranks for a good 5 seconds before firing. I'm sure it does it with the remote start too, but I'm never outside to hear it. Probably a little air in the fuel lines, takes a few extra seconds to get the fuel into the motor.
    Originally posted by Lampoon
    I dub your car.....The Red Hot Chili Pepper!!
    '06 GTP with Tapshift.

Comment

The only issues with my remote start is sometimes and this is very rare but the car will start and the starter keeps cranking the engine, eventually shutting off after a couple seconds and just letting the car run.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Yea it's happened to me a couple of times too. I'm not worryin about it. It's really rare for me.

Mike
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Remote Starter

i would have to say its rare for me too but its one of those things that you notice right away when it happens...

Comment

I don't have a remote start, but that's a common GM thing. The fuel pump needs to prime itself before the car can start, so sometimes it takes a few seconds.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Working...
            X