2009 Chevy Camaro concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Chevy Camaro concept

Just saw it in this month's Automobile mag. Here's an article I found online. Check out the Related Articles section for some pics.

Looks like everybody wants to get in on the new age muscle car era. I must say though, it's kinda gettin' old already. All of these cars are turning out to look almost the same and have the same numbers.

Mike
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

I think the car looks good, there was a previous concept for the new camaro a while before that one came out and it looked much much better. I would buy one if the camaro looked like the first concept but the newer concept I don't care for.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

the older concept pictures were from a kid that wasn't at all affiliated with GM.

Comment

Just so you all know, the concept in that magazine isn't quite what will be shown by GM at the NAIAS today.

I can't wait to see pictures of the unveiling!

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

hopefully its not anything that will be shown cause I think it looks like crap. I mean its a crazy looking car but it looks nothing like anything resembling a camaro.
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Compare the concept to a 1967 Camaro and you will see a definate resemblance. It is a modern-retro Camaro and it deserves the Camaro name.

I like it.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

here are some links for those that don't know what the real concept looks like

credit for these pics goes to LS2.com there are lots more pics of the car here:http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...hreadid=331800

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                Compare the concept to a 1967 Camaro and you will see a definate resemblance. It is a modern-retro Camaro and it deserves the Camaro name.

I like it.
                Actually GM management has said that it's a 1969 Camaro modernized with bold contemporary styling

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
                  hopefully its not anything that will be shown cause I think it looks like crap. I mean its a crazy looking car but it looks nothing like anything resembling a camaro.
                  I totally disagree with you LoJac, it most definitely resembles a Camaro, compare it to pictures of the 1969 model and you'll see the subtle design cues in the concept that were what made the 69 model what it is today. They are just updated and modernized so it's not completely retro, but yes it does have some retro to it.

Comment

actually I retract that statement, I saw the car on the news last night and it does look crazy nice and pissed off from the front. Maybe they'll take my '77 camaro as a straight trade when they come out

Comment

Working pic:

Courtesy of MSN
                      2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                      :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                      :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                      :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

btw... BAD ASS!!
                        2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                        :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                        :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                        :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

So this is slated for release in 2009, how close or far away from that expected year do you think GM will be?

Comment

I actually just read somewhere that the camaro may be coming out sooner than we all think. I can't find the article though or remember if it was in a magazine or an online article :evil:
                            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

http://web.camaross.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61

That site has all the latest info/speculation on the Camaro. Look for posts by eithe FBodfather or GuionM as they tend to be the most factual.

FBodFather in particular is factual, since he works for GM and used to be the man in charge of Corvette and Camaro design.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X