New interior/exterior bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New interior/exterior bulbs

I want to change the interior bulbs and rear license plate bulbs to hyperwhites, but I'm not sure of some of the types. I know the bulbs in the map light up front are 194, but what is the one in the middle of the roof? I looked at it, and it almost looks like a 6411, but there are two metal clips on each end to clip it to the power source. And the one in the trunk looks like a 6411 too, but the ends are flat, not pointed.

Mike
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Alright, I found out myself The bulb up in the center of the roof and in the trunk is a 561. Also a 211-2 (they are interchangeable). And the one in the license plate light is a single 194. Just thought I'd share it in case anyone else wants to change them.

Mike
    -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

Thanks for the info, I'm gonna stop by a few parts stores on the way home from my midterm so see what colors they may have. I've always like replacing my interior lights with red bulbs, gives me the feel of a cockpit
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

i think it would be kinda cool to put red in the center light, keep the whole red theme going. i also want to add red led ground kit

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
        Originally posted by ahuhn
        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6
          i think it would be kinda cool to put red in the center light, keep the whole red theme going. i also want to add red led ground kit
          Yea I found some superwhite and red bulbs pretty cheap on ebay, I'm gonna try them both out and see what I like better.

Mike
          -Mike #1

Comment

bulbs

hey guys. when you say the center lights are 194, you're talking about the two bulbs between the two visors, right?

Comment

This post is really confusing, what I'm going to do on Tuesday if no one else does before then it take all the covers off every light in the interior including the trunk and I will make a list of the bulb numbers to end all the confusion.
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

bulbs

THAT SOUNDS LIKE AN AWESOME IDEA!!! THANKS!

Comment

no problem, I would do it today but mondays the girl gets me all day so I have to wait till my second day off work to get my stuff done. I'll post tomorrow all the bulb numbers.

Comment

The confusing part is that the same bulbs have multiple numbers. For example:

194/168: Map light (push button lights up top), rear license plate bulb

561: Center map light (middle of roof), can also be used in trunk

211-2: Trunk light

Mike
                    -Mike #1

Comment

GAH you beat me to it, nice job though.

Comment

I just ordered bulbs to completely replace every interior light. I got two different colors, red and superswhite. I want to see which looks best. For the upper middle and trunk lights, I got this bulb that has LEDs in it, so it should be really bright.

I'll post some pics if they come out clear.

Mike
                        -Mike #1

Comment

Actually I stopped by a pep-boys to pick up some lights but I just ended up looking and I saw those lights with the LED's you are talking about. I saw those and was like wtf coolest little gadget I've seen in a while.

Comment

mike- can i order those bulbs anywhere? don't mind me, kinda new to this stuff!

Comment

Just go to an auto parts store, they started selling kits with all the bulbs you need to do the whole interior, saw them two days ago when I was looking. Either that or you can get them from Ebay but then you have to wait for shipping. Just thought I'd throw my two cents in, sorry mike

Comment

Working...
                              X