Any one else have this problem with the gtp g6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one else have this problem with the gtp g6

i have an 06 gtp coupe automatic when i am sitting at lights or just sitting there ideling my car kinda shakes like its kind of missing any 1 else have this problem my car only has 750 kmh on its brandnew
    please let me know thanks
    My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Haven't noticed anything like that. Car idles nicely so far. 3450 miles on it.

Mike
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Re: Any one else have this problem with the gtp g6

Originally posted by ginuwine
      i have an 06 gtp coupe automatic when i am sitting at lights or just sitting there ideling my car kinda shakes like its kind of missing any 1 else have this problem my car only has 750 kmh on its brandnew
      please let me know thanks
      yah mine does it as too. it might be cuz of the firing order. not sure but hasnt caused a problem yet. but i did have my check egn light come on and had it looked at and it was a miss fire code, but hasnt changed the shake

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
      Originally posted by ahuhn
      so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

nope

My car hasn't had that problem either. Try premium gas if you are not already using it.
        Black 06 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

I've felt a lot of other GM V6's that idle that way, I think its just the way these bad boys work.
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

overhead valve engines (OHV) are noisier and a little rougher feeling than overhead cam engines (OHC). I was used to driving overhead cams and this is my first car that is overhead valve, and it seems loud and rough to me. But other people that are in my car, they don't notice it and it seems normal to them. might not be your problem but it's always a chance.
            Redline Elite Quicklift Kit
            GT-R Exhaust System
            K&N Typhoon CAB
            EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Front/Rear Rotors
            EBC RedStuff Front/Rear Pads

Comment

Yup me too. I felt it in my ZR2 with the 4.3 v6 too. Not to worried............
              Originally posted by Lampoon
              I dub your car.....The Red Hot Chili Pepper!!
              '06 GTP with Tapshift.

Comment

I have the 6-Speed transmission, I don't have a rough Idle, just the engine seems a little noisier than I am used too.
                Redline Elite Quicklift Kit
                GT-R Exhaust System
                K&N Typhoon CAB
                EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Front/Rear Rotors
                EBC RedStuff Front/Rear Pads

Comment

I have that same damn problem. I'll be sitting there and it shakes and idles rough momentarily. When I first got it, I thought, well maybe I'll see after it's broken in. Well, I am just over 6,000 miles and it's still doing it on occasion. Also, every so often when I try to start it, it starts longer than normal and makes a sucking noise. Any clues on that too? Is that what yoiu all are referring to as rough starting?
                  "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

All the noises are just normal mechanisms starting when you turn the key like the fuel pump and what not. This car does have some odd noises when you first turn it on but there is nothing to worry about. As for the rough ideling-like I said mine does it also and so do the other GM V6's I have driven and there isn't any problem.
                    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

What I meant by the noises was, if you have ever had an aftermarket intake you know the sucking sound you get. Well, my car will (after I release the key mind you) stutter for like 4 or 5 cranks then catch. All the time it sounds like it's sucking air into the cylinders without detonation. Very bizarre. Never geard anything remotely close in any car I have owned.
                      "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

mine shakes tizzad at idle.. I just rolled over 3K on my way home.
                        Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                        2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                        w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Gas mileage

Oh and I am getting a whopping 15.8 mpg. Anyone elses near mine?
                          "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

actually when I fill up tonight I'm going to reset one of my trip odometers cause I'm getting horrible gas milage!

Comment

Re: Gas mileage

Originally posted by adrenaline_junkie75
                              Oh and I am getting a whopping 15.8 mpg. Anyone elses near mine?
                              damn. I'm getting around 19 to 22 mpg.

My car idles at just below 1000 rpms...

I have about 6600 miles on the car since 9/29.
                              2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

Working...
                              X