Pics of my modded 06 Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of my modded 06 Coupe

Red Calipers and new exhaust. 2-3/4" tips with a magnaflow resonator- no muffler.

The Grill!!

My favorite pic!

This one is pretty cool, too!

I recently debadged the lid.. but stuck the badges back on today. I'm having issues deciding which I like better.

Next mods to be done is I'll be installing the GM lip spoiler if it ever shows up and 35% tint all around (Including windsheild). After those get done here shortly, I'll be hacking open the headlights to paint the chrome areas body color stealth grey and install some 90mm Hella projectors and a 4100 HID kit.
    Straight up Pimp Trollin'
    2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
    w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Looks awesome man! I love the new grill, glad you got some day shots up.
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Very sweet! You didn't happen to take any pics of the back without the badges on did ya?

Mike
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

i heard the rearlid pontiac symbol is on with doublesided tape, is this true?? if so what did you use to pry it off? ive never seen badges on like that.
        jeff
        05 G6 GT:front air splitter, "speed limiter" removed. Red halo fog lights. fab'd short ram intake(the 1st). first ever side exhaust G6 =) de-badged, removed and filled f.bumper pontiac symbol (another 1st)
        90 bmw 535i :turbo, exhaust, intake, a lot...
        1988 mitsubishi starion esi-r (just bought)
        F/A-22 raptor crewchief USAF

Comment

To remove badges grab some fishing line and a heat gun. Then remove the residue with wax or bug and tar cleaner. Be sure not to rub too hard.

P.S. Great looking car... Go back to debadged!
          Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

All badges are held on with double stick tape on today's car. I wouldn't use a heat gun though..you might go overboard and mess up the paint. I use a hairdryer and just heat it till it's soft then pry it off with my hands.

Mike
            -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

Re: Pics of my modded 06 Coupe

Originally posted by CoupeOfG6
              Next mods to be done is I'll be installing the GM lip spoiler if it ever shows up and 35% tint all around (Including windsheild). After those get done here shortly, I'll be hacking open the headlights to paint the chrome areas body color stealth grey and install some 90mm Hella projectors and a 4100 HID kit.
              projecters for the g6 where can i find?

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
              Originally posted by ahuhn
              so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

I agree with GTP guy about using a less hotter heat source. When I took the emblems off my other car I just pulled them all off and rolled the adhesive with my fingers until it all came off. For one side we used an eraser wheel and it completely screwed up the paint, but live and learn.
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Re: Pics of my modded 06 Coupe

Originally posted by snowmanG6
                  projecters for the g6 where can i find?
                  Oh you can't buy.. you must fabricate my friend!! I've done this with past cars like my Contour SVT. Mount the projectors, align them.. and your golden. I've got all the parts ready.. just need time.

Example-

70 and 90MM Hella projectors. Had to cut some of the rear of the headlight, fabricate a plate to mount them too and seal her up. Took about 2 weeks total to design, buy the parts, build, perfect, and waalla.

No other Contour's out there like mine my friends. So, my G6 must be the same.

No picsa of the before "de-badged". But, I'll rip em back off tommorow. I think you are right- looks a bit better debadged. What I used was a hair dryer to just get the car at a warm touch and make sure the car is clean before doing it. Take some fishing wire (10lb test atleast) and "floss" it off. You'll possibly leave a tiny bit of residue- just remove it with some bug and tar remover or hot water and wax her up. If you can get them to come off perfectly (like mine) just stick them to a piece of Wax Paper and put em in a zip lock bag. They'll remain near permo-tack (if thats a word) and you can reuse them like I did. It was fun to realign the pontiac letters, lol. Took me about an hour. SHould of left em off in the first place. I did think abotu maybe removing the badged and just using the G6 badge and placing it on the other side of the lid so it kind of makes the lock symetrical with the newly placed G6 emblem. :!: : I might try that, take a pic and see what it's like. Might look pretty cool, no?

Thanks for the compliments guys.
                  Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                  2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                  w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

what if i dont have a hair dryer? haha. dammit! The woman will have to bring one over for me.

I would like some HID projectors, if they were out for this car.
                    jeff
                    05 G6 GT:front air splitter, "speed limiter" removed. Red halo fog lights. fab'd short ram intake(the 1st). first ever side exhaust G6 =) de-badged, removed and filled f.bumper pontiac symbol (another 1st)
                    90 bmw 535i :turbo, exhaust, intake, a lot...
                    1988 mitsubishi starion esi-r (just bought)
                    F/A-22 raptor crewchief USAF

Comment

That's a nice 'tour man. Coming from the Duratec community I learned alot about that engine and especially the Cougar, Contour, and that whole SVT scene. Even had a few parts on my Cougar since they were easily interchangeable.

Mike
                      -Mike #1

Comment

well when u do the projet's on ur g6 let us know how. cuz i want projet's on mine with hids in them.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                        Originally posted by ahuhn
                        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

i plan i do the calipers, those look good with the chrome rims. A project im looking into is taking all the red and do it blue.
                          04 red/red GTO
                          05 silver/black G6 GT
                          http://www.myspace.com/04redgto

Comment

Working...
                          X