That damm rattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That damm rattle

Since I picked up my car I have this rattle from the rear dash whenever the bass hits too hard. I tested it to find out when I put pressure on rear deck the rattle stops and bass sounds pretty good considering whats making it. Is this a problem the dealership can and will fix or am I on my own?

P.S. is there a trick for using the adjustable pedals? I read the instruction and I can not seem to make them move....
    Black 06 G6 GTP Coupe

I have the same ratting in the rear cover when my bass hits also, I haven't had time to check it out but usually its just a loose grill or something loose that is connected to the cover like car seat restraints or stuff like that. Just take a look from inside the trunk and see what you find. As for the pedals, I don't have them but I drove one that did and all I did was hold the button down and they moved.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

The car has to be in Park for the pedals to work.

As for the rattle, you have factory sound with out any extra bass in the trunk? Then they damn well better fix that! I hate when car companies put audio system in their cars that have "too much" power for the rest of the design. I can't have the bass all teh way up on my monsoon system or the rear vibrates, too. . That annoys me. I like to wait til I have a couple issues before bringing her to the stealership.
      Straight up Pimp Trollin'
      2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
      w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

I hear ya man, I noticed mine rattling the day after I brought the car home, I was like WTF But lets work on it, figure out what in the hell is making that noise back there because there is nothing worse than a rattle along with a nice deep bass.
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I haven't taken the time to look yet.. but I actually think it is the harness vibrating against the rear deck lid.

Comment

I'll look while I'm at work tonight, I go into work in 3 hours so I'll polst with a followup if I find anything.

Comment

I can hear a rattle coming from the trunk when I stand behind the car when the bass hits. It seems like the trunk is a little loose, because when I push down on it the rattle goes away.

The one thing I find really annoying is the way the doorlocks rattle everytime I hit a bump in the road.

Mike
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Good Lord man I don't have all those rattles and I can't hear the rattle in my trunk from the outside. But I will still check it out tonight at work and let you know what I find.

Comment

I FOUND THAT RATTLE!!!

It is actually the rear "Black" cable for the fold flat seats. Look under the rear deck, your see the two gray handles.. well, where th etwo cables connect to the black "housing" is where it rattles. Take a zip tie and zip tie the "grey connecotr" cord and the "black connector" cord together. Rattle stops.

Comment

WOW I'll have to look at that tonight after I wake up from this 12 hour GRAVEYARD!!! :cry:

Comment

cool

Originally posted by CoupeOfG6
                      I FOUND THAT RATTLE!!!

It is actually the rear "Black" cable for the fold flat seats. Look under the rear deck, your see the two gray handles.. well, where th etwo cables connect to the black "housing" is where it rattles. Take a zip tie and zip tie the "grey connecotr" cord and the "black connector" cord together. Rattle stops.
                      I will check It out. thanks
                      Black 06 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

Great find, I will check that out today!

Thanks,

John
                        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

OK I checked those cables and discovered that when your are listening with the trunk open you can hear a rattle from the cables , which you can fix and you would think that the rattle problem is fixed, but there is still a rattle on the inside of the car coming from the rear dash from the speakers vibrating something between the metal and the dash itself. If you apply pressure to the dash behind the top brake light the rattle will stop. In order to fix this I will bring my car to dearship and see what they can do. I have a good feeling that I will end up having to take dash off and fix the problem myself.
                          Black 06 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

Hmm. now I don't have THAT issue. *sigh* I should remove everything in the interior and spray E-Dead on it all.... then the rattles will stop.

Comment

That rattle is the housing around the third brake light hitting the rear windshield when the base from the rear deck speakers hits. get some thin rubber sealing stuff with sticky on one side and put it on the outline of the third brake light housing where it meets the window. if you want to test to make sure this is it, before doing anything like that, you can just press down on the plastic while the bass is hitting, you can actually even watch it if you get up in there.
                              Redline Elite Quicklift Kit
                              GT-R Exhaust System
                              K&N Typhoon CAB
                              EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Front/Rear Rotors
                              EBC RedStuff Front/Rear Pads

Comment

Working...
                              X