Recall on sunvisors for the 2006 G6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recall on sunvisors for the 2006 G6

I just got a letter in the mail from GM saying there is a recall on the sunvisors for "certain 2006 model year G6s". It seems there is an issue with the visor mirror covers separating from the mirror. It happend on mine, and I know there have been a few other people with coupes that it happened to.

Pontiac will replace the driver and passenger side mirror assemblies at no charge until December 31, 2006.

Mike
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

No letter for mine (yet).. but I did notice the visors do look a little "shotty".
    Hopefully I'll get them replaced under this.
    Straight up Pimp Trollin'
    2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
    w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

I never got a letter but my passenger side visor ripped off. I went to the dealership to have it replaced. They did, but left engine grease and oil stains all over my headliner/visors. They tried cleaning it and so did I later......ruined. Make sure you watch them or you're gonna be up the crick.

Comment

I haven't gotten the letter and my girlfriend is using the passenger side mirror non-stop and I haven't had any issues with it. Hopefully its another one of those little worthless things that passed my car up
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

2005 is the same part.....I wonder.....
          naah who am I kidding.
          Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

well it happened to my car. . . funny that comes up as the local dealer just fixed mine.
            ~ Nick
            ----------------
            2006 Silver GT Coupe

Originally posted by noRulez
            Whenever a car is parked too close to a curb an Angel gets AIDS.

Comment

Does anyone know if the dealership replaces the entire visor? Or just the mirror assembly? Because it seems like to get access to the wire harness that plugs in for the vanity lights, you'd have to remove the entire headliner.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Just replace the mirror portion.
                ~ Nick
                ----------------
                2006 Silver GT Coupe

Originally posted by noRulez
                Whenever a car is parked too close to a curb an Angel gets AIDS.

Comment

I dont remember the last time I used the mirror on my visor... I just ignored the letter haha!
                  Originally posted by Toyz
                  Originally posted by simplyred
                  what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                  As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Customer Satisfaction - Sun Visor Mirror Cover Nonfunctional/Breakage #05094 - (Dec 16, 2005)
                    05094 -- SUN VISOR MIRROR COVER NONFUNCTIONAL/BREAKAGE

2005-2006 CHEVROLET MALIBU, MALIBU MAXX

2006 PONTIAC G6

THIS PROGRAM IS IN EFFECT UNTIL DECEMBER 31, 2006
                    Condition

On some 2005-2006 Chevrolet Malibu and Malibu Maxx, and 2006 Pontiac G6 vehicles, customers have reported that the sun visor mirror cover hinge has separated from the mirror.
                    Correction

To prevent this inconvenience, dealers are to replace the driver and passenger mirror and cover assemblies.
                    Vehicles Involved

Involved are certain 2005-2006 Chevrolet Malibu and Malibu Maxx, and 2006 Pontiac G6 vehicles built within these VIN breakpoints:

Chevrolet Malibu
                    5F27863 to 5F341955

Chevrolet Malibu
                    6F100004 to 6F104955

Chevrolet Malibu Maxx
                    5F278636 to 5F341950

Chevrolet Malibu Maxx
                    6F100019 to 6F104950

Pontiac G6
                    64100005 to 64140599
                    Colin.
                    06 G6 GTP. 6spd.
                    92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid N/A 13.99 @ 95.22mph
                    90 Talon TSi -13.76 @ 99.41

Comment

I'm taking my car into the dealership in a week or so, to fix a clunking sound when turning. So hopefully they'll replace my visors too, because both of mine are broken. I haven't gotten a single letter about any of these recalls though...

Comment

Happened to mine the other day, looks like the car will go back to the dealership for a 5th time.
                        2006 G6 Coupe

2002 S10 Xtreme

http://www.2lo2tow.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
                          2005 is the same part.....I wonder.....
                          naah who am I kidding.
                          I had my visor replaced under waranty. When I park at the airport, thats where I put the ticket. Last time, the cover opened at mach speed and flew off.
                          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by ysprocks
                            I never got a letter but my passenger side visor ripped off. I went to the dealership to have it replaced. They did, but left engine grease and oil stains all over my headliner/visors. They tried cleaning it and so did I later......ruined. Make sure you watch them or you're gonna be up the crick.
                            If the dealership messed it up, they need to fix or replace. If they've tried to fix and can't they need to replace. If they refuse to replace it, call the GM Zone Manager for your area. If you make enough noise, they'll fix it just to get you to shut the heck up and stop bothering them.

Be a pain in their back sides.

J
                            My 07 G6 Convertible
                            http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...6/IMG_0394.jpg

My 76 Vette
                            http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...e/P4240002.jpg

Comment

I just had my car in and they replaced both visors because the passenger side mirror would not stay in place when opened.
                              2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X