Skyline GT-R may be offered in US for 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyline GT-R may be offered in US for 2008

Full text & article here: http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=103431

Some pics:

Originally posted by determined419
    G6P-Where the Sheriff always has a case of beer.....................................
    in his system
    Kyle M
    Forum Administrator - G6 Performance Forums

That car makes me want to cry. :cry:
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

unfortunately it won't look exactly like the pics we've seen so far. But 90% of the current bodywork is supposed to stay. The one thing I've read that's not going to be in the production version is all the carbon fiber in the front bumper and around the headlights. That's just gonna be regular painted plastic.

Mike
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Thats too bad to hear about them doing away with the carbon fiber because it adds a nice touch-prolly too expensive?
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Probably. Imagine getting slammed in the front, how easy it would just shatter? And how expensive it would be to repair?

Mike
          -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
            Probably. Imagine getting slammed in the front, how easy it would just shatter? And how expensive it would be to repair?

Mike
            actually if molded correctly carbon fiber takes a LOT of abuse, I'm sure it would be somewhat pricy to replace in an accident though. I remember seeing a thing on the Science channel a few days ago about a company making bicycle frames out of carbon fiber and they did a hammer test where they dropped it on an aluminum frame and the carbon fiber frame. The aluminum had a huge dent where the hammer hit it and the carbon fiber frame barely even had any surface damage. Also from what I understand because I haven't had much first hand experience with carbon fiber is that it doesn't shatter like you would think.

Comment

You're right. It unweaves. Sorry that's what I meant.
              -Mike #1

Comment

Carbon fiber can also cut your hand very deeply and make you curse at your fish.

so I've heard.
                2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

My opinion only... I think its ugly as hell, grantit the Jap version like in 2 Fast 2 Furious was boxy and lacked on design but that was one of the best features... it just looked mean!! Now it seems to bubbly to me, another eclipse... sorry like I said just my opinion!!
                  Originally posted by Toyz
                  Originally posted by simplyred
                  what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                  As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Originally posted by G6Performance
                    Carbon fiber can also cut your hand very deeply and make you curse at your fish.

so I've heard.
                    What in the hell happened here?

Comment

THAT CAR...

DANG!
                      2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

I'd buy it even with the CF if the price wasn't so high. However I agree with high prices for cars of these types because then you don't see them all over the damn place. Its like the G35 and 350Z, I don't know about the rest of you but down here in AZ those two cars are everwhere-you can't turn your head either way without seeing 4 of them.

Comment

^-- werd
                          2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                          :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                          :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                          :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Well if it gets released in the U.S. believe that they'll end up cheapening it up and they will be everywhere!!
                            Originally posted by Toyz
                            what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                            As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Well if it gets released in the U.S. believe that they'll end up cheapening it up and they will be everywhere!!
                              I'm sure your entirely correct, oh well its all about modding I guess is the name of the game. Make your car so different no one else has anything on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X