G6 GT Light Taupe Impression Seat Cloth Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G6 GT Light Taupe Impression Seat Cloth Problem

The merry holidays took a toll on the front seats of my G6 GT cloth seats when a covered dish dripped across the seats. A little water cleanup and the seats should be back to normal, right? WRONG! The color in the seat fabric ran! I had spots, pooling of colors, water lines, etc. It seems like the mesh on top of the fabric just seemed to pull the colors in different directions.

I have the light taupe impression cloth seats. The dealer tried cleaning the seats and the more they tried, the worst it got. They did finally tried using a solvent cleaner and that seemed to work the best, but water is definitely a problem.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Please post a reply if you have.

I know this response won't help, but maybe it might make potential buyers think twice before opting for the Taupe Impression Cloth interior.

The first G6 I considered purchasing had the Taupe cloth interior, but when I went to test drive it I noticed both the driver and passenger seats had black marks around the lower back area. I pointed it out to the salesman and he reassured me that it is was probably from someone's leather belt when they test drove the car and that they would take care of it before I took delivery of the car during the detailing process.

That was all fine and dandy, but if a car with 30 miles on it already has stains showing it makes you wonder how the seats are going to look in 3 months. Needless to say, I went to another dealership and bought an almost identical car with the ebony cloth interior and I think I made the right choice. Not only will the ebony hold up better in terms of stains, but I think the ebony with interior chrome accents just gives it that extra sporty feel.

Kevin.
    -Kevin
    2006 G6 Sedan GT (12/31/2005 - 11/5/2006. RIP)
    2007 G6 Sedan GTP (finally arrived 1/9/2007)

Comment

agreed with shadowlab, the light taupe doesn't look bad I mean everyone has their opinions. While I was looking at G6's there were probably more with the light taupe than the black interior cloth. However the same thing, I thought-how fast will this cloth get dirty. I'm one who has the have in interior clean all the time and if there's something that's gonna be dirty every week its a problem for me. Hopefully you get everything worked out, best of luck to you.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I talked with the dealer today and they said GM is unaware of any fabric of material defects so the only thing they can do is try to clean the fabric some more and reprotect the cloth with something like scotch guard.

Comment

this is total crap!!! http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/ has recognized the issue. there is great documentation of said issue here on this web site. take a lok here. make some prints. then go to the dealer and make them fix the prob.
          2005 G6 GT - slapstick - stealth grey mettalic - Leather, panoramic, heated seats, , 17'' chromes, Hyper White LED map, dome, and plate lights, 30% tint, intake resonator removed, and all other options available for 2005 GT. ECE spec projector headlight retrofit coming next.

Making the world go round since "1981"

Comment

LOL nice find Hadriel-that should make them either fix it or piss their pants in onos
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I must not have the knack for searching because I couldn't find any complaints or problems for upholstery on the seats for a G6. There were lots of other problems for G6s though.....so of had me worried after looking at all the problems.

What did you search on to find the problems with the cloth seats?

Comment

I know there was another thread about this problem, I'll look for it and post you the link for it. Give me a bit.

Comment

i should make a thread with a link to that site for anyone who is having issues. good site to have around.
                  2005 G6 GT - slapstick - stealth grey mettalic - Leather, panoramic, heated seats, , 17'' chromes, Hyper White LED map, dome, and plate lights, 30% tint, intake resonator removed, and all other options available for 2005 GT. ECE spec projector headlight retrofit coming next.

Making the world go round since "1981"

Comment

That would be great if you could do that Hadriel because I looked all over and couldn't find the right info.

Comment

Working...
                    X